Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Spring cleaning question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring cleaning question

Wish I could park her two days to do it right.. but I am going to have to drive her every day.

Soo.. plan on clay barring, swirl cutting, seal, and wax.

How is it best to pull all of those off with the least amount of crap interfering with the process?

Wanted to clay/wash/swirl one day.. seal and wax the next..

Have had her on my kwiklift for a year now and she needs some loving! Been over a year since I've done it and sorta forgot how much time I would need to do it all lol.

Any thoughts? Or just be a hermit for a weekend Gah! The girl will kill me!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can wash the car (properly) clay bar and start your cutting process that same day. Since its been seating so long, make sure that you get all of the dirt off before you start soaping her up. I usually just put the hose to it for 15-20 minutes alone.

I've done a buddies corvette in two days, about 5 hours per day working with menzerna and a pos porter cable. I say wake up early in the morning on a saturday, wash her down, and do the rest. You can probably have it ready for cutting in three-four hours if you take your time.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

ok. Thanks. Yea I may just have to sacrifice my saturday's plans and do phase one friday night.

Its been awhile and lucky for me I lost my tropi-care instructions.

While searching Ive seen its best to use the sealant then wax...

The wax isnt as durabl so will wear down faster. Sealants last a LONG time.. but only work best for lighter solors.. mines black

Is it really a big NONO to use sealant, 2 layers of wax, then re-sealant it? or will the sealant just blur the wax, removing the deep wet look?
Old 02-11-2009, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly, I am not 100% sure on that specific aspect of detailing. I know that a good friend of mine that I detail with top off all of his work with the KLASSE products which he swears by, along with many other people in the industry.

Try and do that, get both of the klasse products. If you haven't heard of them, just do a quick search, its an acrylic based sealent that is supposed to make the paint truely pop.

Quick Reply: Spring cleaning question