Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics of the accident and changes in paintjob

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mrburnout81
I agree it looks better this time. Your two tone line should have followed the wheel well on the front, looks odd with two different lines next to each other. but none the less, looks better! How about a pic of the back of the car
agreed 100%
Old 03-13-2009, 02:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick_Rapitis
how much did that **** cost? first time or second time since there was probably some insurance money in it the second time...
the first time it cost 9,500 and came with a 37,000 mile 00 Z28 . The second time it was paid for by insurance, +$200.
I agree it looks better this time. Your two tone line should have followed the wheel well on the front, looks odd with two different lines next to each other. but none the less, looks better! How about a pic of the back of the car
When The pin stripe goes on there it will follow the wheel well, it's basically the same shape now (hard to really see angle in pics) and since it will be a bright color, thats the line that will make the shape

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
it looks better, but i would keep the whole hood blk. to attract the 2 tone look
I didnt like how it looked when we mocked it up. That was one of my options as well though.

Originally Posted by chevroletfreak
I think you should have painted the hood all black. The line of the black in front of the wheelwell just doesn't flow. I wonder if it would work better if you would have brought the black all the way to the wheelwell and kind of just swoooped it off of the upper corner of the wheelwell.
I spent almost 3 hours playing around with blue tape and I tried what you described as a possibility. Looked like ****. I wanted a hockey stripe effect to the paint and just cutting it in the wheel well makes it look halfassed and tacky IMO.

Originally Posted by litemup02
Yeah it def. needs something to seperate the colors...Very unique.. looks good
it'll be getting a 1/4 or 1/2 inch silver pinstripe when the paint has had a chance to cure a bit more
Old 03-13-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

no dont do a 3rd color and please n pinstriping i hate pinstriping....
car looks great but the wheels are too small and the tires are 2 fat, lower profiles will definitely help the over all look of this beauty
Old 03-13-2009, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PhantomR/T

When The pin stripe goes on there it will follow the wheel well, it's basically the same shape now (hard to really see angle in pics) and since it will be a bright color, thats the line that will make the shape
Can you take some pics of the side so i can see what your talking about. All the pics you have posted, the line is nowhere near the same as the wheel well. Look at the distance between the top of the wheel well and the black, now look in front of the wheel well, its like twice that distance. I could be wrong, but unless your pinstripe is going to be 3inches thick, its not going to change the two tone line, which is wrong.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:31 PM

That looks really good! Those black Halo's really made the car look really good.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That looks amazing! Very nice!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

its aaron from F/S!!!! how ya been! sorry to hear about the car, looks good now! my ws6 got hit by a drunk driver, its totalled
Old 03-14-2009, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

Can you take some pics of the side so i can see what your talking about. All the pics you have posted, the line is nowhere near the same as the wheel well. Look at the distance between the top of the wheel well and the black, now look in front of the wheel well, its like twice that distance. I could be wrong, but unless your pinstripe is going to be 3inches thick, its not going to change the two tone line, which is wrong.
the top was done that way intentionally. It is supposed to look like a hockey stripe. I was talking about the bottom, where it is close to the wheel well. So no, it is not wrong, it's just not what You want my car to look like. The paint looked silly completely following the wheel well. Maybe it looks good in your head but it looked awful on the car, trust me. Like I said, this wasnt a spur of the moment thing, I played with every possible angle I could have on the fenders and bumper
Old 03-14-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ramairjohn2000
no dont do a 3rd color and please n pinstriping i hate pinstriping....
car looks great but the wheels are too small and the tires are 2 fat, lower profiles will definitely help the over all look of this beauty
The wheels are 17's and the tires are 255/40's and 285/40's. This is my daily driver, not a show car and I am not going to run lower profile tires on it. I had 245/45's up front and the tires barely covered the wheels. I will however be running 275/40's on the rear when I switch those out

Originally Posted by Trev_SS
That looks really good! Those black Halo's really made the car look really good.
Thank you!
Originally Posted by UAZ28SS
That looks amazing! Very nice!!!
Thanks! I appreciate it

Originally Posted by brynnda
its aaron from F/S!!!! how ya been! sorry to hear about the car, looks good now! my ws6 got hit by a drunk driver, its totalled
Hey! How have you been? That really sucks about your car though! What are you going to replace her with?
Old 03-16-2009, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

How about a pic of the back of the car
Stock Tail lights, no emblem

lt1 extra lights while I repaint the stock ones

I am putting black "CAMARO" inserts in the berger panel

Quick Reply: Pics of the accident and changes in paintjob