Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

water in drivers side tail light!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default water in drivers side tail light!!

so i removed the tail lights in my 97 formula the other day to remove the rear bumper an later put it all back on. well later that week it rained a couple days an i ended up washing the car next day. well while i was washing it i noticed that a lil water had built up in the drivers tail light. so i finished washing it an checked again an even more water had built up in it??? it had never happened before i had removed the tail lights an after reinstall it suddenly starts.

anyone have any idea of why this is happening an what i can do to fix this problem?? any help would be greatly appriciated.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

remove your tail light, check for any cracks or separations from the housing, once you found your Achilles heal blow dry the inside until the water evaporates, wipe the surface clean and use clear epoxy to fill in the cracks, then smooth it out with your fingers and you should be good. If it's not a big crack then I highly recommend that you DON'T separate the housing from the lens and reseal it because you might end up cracking it even more.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Launching!

so you mean seperations from the lens to the housing its self? def need to do something as that water make the tail lights look like crap.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was just saying try to stay away from separating the lens from the housing if u can help it. I would just dry the inside with a heat gun ( don't melt the lens, evenly apply heat) and just apply clear epoxy on the crack to fill them in.

Quick Reply: water in drivers side tail light!!