Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Touch up paint

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touch up paint

i have a 2000 camaro that has been custom painted with cadillac cts mother pearl white and i have a small scratch does anyone no where i can get some touch up paint. pm me, post this thread, or email me at smittysfloorandmore@yahoo.com
Old 03-31-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Resident

Did it go past you base? If i am not mistaken this color requires a creamy base and then a pearl on top. So you might need to get two colors (cream, and pearl) Good luck with the pearl blend. They are a pita.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Might try paintscratch.com. I have bought from them a few times and its a perfect match. Not sure about how it works with the pearl, but if its a stock color maybe they can help you. Just detailed a CTS-V that color last week
Old 04-01-2009, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

touch-up paint in general won't match... the fact that its a three stage paint doesn't help your case... is the scratch through the paint or just in the clearcoat? (can you feel the scratch with your finger nail?)
Old 04-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ricer
touch-up paint in general won't match... the fact that its a three stage paint doesn't help your case... is the scratch through the paint or just in the clearcoat? (can you feel the scratch with your finger nail?)
oh far worse the paint is chipped. i was just trying to find something temporary til i get it repainted. it already has a couple of touch up spots on it when i bought the car and it almost matches perfectly.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:10 PM
12 Second Club

Hey man, I can't help with the touch up paint but I kind thought about painting my car this color. Do you have any pictures or anything? I can see from your avatar it looks bad ******* ***.

Quick Reply: Touch up paint