Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

How to fix a dent??

Old 04-24-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to fix a dent??

Posted this in the Panel & Repair section, but ill probably get quicker responses in here....

Ok, so i was just about to give the car a wash when i realized that i have a dent on the rear passenger panel of the car. Im pretty pissed right now, im guessing someone hit it some how at Wal-Mart earlier today. I didnt see this yesterday and at the moment. I cant think of anywhere else i couldve gotten it. I did go to a small restuarant but they take your order outside. So i never left the car, and never heard a hit or anything.

anyways, what's a good thing to fix a dent without taking it to a body shop??

here's a pic of the damage, taken with cell phone.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

if the paint is cracked then it will have to go to the body shop, if not dentless repair will get that out had it done on my truck and cant even tell where the dent was
Old 04-25-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Addict

No cracks or anything, and i was able to pop it right back out myself but you still see about 2 spots that in it. They resemble what small size hail would do, so i guess i could call it hail damage lol ill still take it to get those little spots out.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

with the crease that is in it, it will be extremely hard to just pop out. It should be easy to access the inside, just open your trunk and take out the rear panel, then take a look at it. there are special mallets that body shops use for this kind of thing, don't know what its called though.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:12 AM

DO NOT USE A MALLET TO GET THE DENT OUT! I do paintless dent repair and dont dick with it your self it is alot harder to get a dent out perfect then you would think. Take it to a local body shop or car dealership and ask them who does there pdr work for them and ask for there phone number. That looks like a bad dent probably going to cost you $100-$175 to have some one pdr it right:bang

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to fix a dent??