Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bringing Leather back from the dead?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bringing Leather back from the dead?

I got my car this past January, and The interior is in horrible shape. Who ever owned it before me is a total a-hole and doesn't know how to take care of leather. The passanger side is stiff as a brick, and the driver's seat isnt far behind. Suprisingly though, the back seats are still somewhat soft.
While I plan on getting new leather within the next few of months, my question is this: Is there any product that can soften up my leather in the meantime? I've tried armoral, meguier's, something called lexol...and none have done anything.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Try using zymol "treat". Heat up the leather as per the directions and work the product into the leather. The heating is key (use a hairdryer or something of the like). I have had great results with this product. Also, you might want to try leatherique, I have heard good things about them. (www.leatherrepairkits.com I think)

-Tom
Old 11-03-2003, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey thanks for the info, but what is zymol? Is it sold retail or do I have to order it from the manufacturer?
Old 11-03-2003, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you should be able to get zymol just about anywhere in the automotive sections. I believe it's blue
Old 11-04-2003, 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

NO NO NO NO NO. The blue stuff is their consumer line cleaner wax. DONT use that on your seats. You will need to order it. I believe www.autofanatics.com carries it. The product is called "TREAT", and is specifically for leather.

www.autofanatics.com/zymtreatleat.html