Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Clean your microfiber towels!!

http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html

The best a sponsor had was....

http://www.tropi-care.com/Articles.asp?ID=138

I like this website, since I am trying not to spend money I am spending time cleaning the car and keeping it pristine.

I went through all my towels be it for buffing, polishing, cleaning water off the car, and quick detailing.

All I did was follow the website, I did use liquid detergent, warm water then cold water, extra spin.

The into the dryer, no heat/fluff for a full run.

I came back later, slightly damp, then did low heat for about 10-15 mins and they were perfect and one that was nasty look 95% clean again! The towels grabbed to my fingers nicely!

Off to do more cleaning!

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 05-18-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Internet Mechanic

Bump for today. I got to use them and they work like Brand new. I really need to get some big ones for Drying, they sell a 3' x 3' one which would be ideal.

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 05-18-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autogeek isn't a sponsor here, but Tropi Care is: http://www.tropi-care.com/category_s/2.htm
Old 05-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by ZaneO
Autogeek isn't a sponsor here, but Tropi Care is: http://www.tropi-care.com/category_s/2.htm
What I can tell you is this....

IB has so many sponsors, god knows who is on and who is off. There is no link or sticky. I am talking Microfiber towels and some how-to tips. Being a long standing member I will always say for people who come to this site to check out sponsors 1st.

They PAY for that right, but at the sametimes, Moderators if you wish to trim up the post, please go ahead but I am not going to remove it on your account.

I am only talking about the tip to clean my Microfiber to make it reuseable and not ruin them with too much heat.

With that said, if a Sponsor has a product like this Drying towel, feel free to post or PM me since I am in the market and a LIST should be a sticky as well so we dont step on toes.

:edit:

I saw that you just posted that up which is good. Thanks for the link, I will take down the others but I will leave the how-to which I think is always informative, again mods if there is an issue, do as you please.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

nice how to, i always save the lives on my towels.

p.s. who cares about sponsors on a how-to thread? nothing is being sold here. lmao
Old 05-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by hlaalu
nice how to, i always save the lives on my towels.

p.s. who cares about sponsors on a how-to thread? nothing is being sold here. lmao
Yea, I know, this website is a business and that is the way it goes. This post had been up nearly 2 days, I bumped it and I got that....

Like said I cannot even find a list.

Auto Geek does weave in "recommondations" but I just replace it with stuff that I can get locally. the How-to is pretty sound.

I look to get a Orbital buffer and practice on my Beater 2000 Hyundai Accent, and then move up to my wife's 2007 HHR which needs a clay barring, clean and buff.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hlaalu

There was before the edit

It's all good...I just know I've been asked to take things down in the past for sponsor issues, which I completely understand. Pay to play.

I've posted tips numerous times on here about caring for mitts and towels properly, as well as reviews on different towels and products. There's lots of good information - just might have to sort through a little.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
With that said, if a Sponsor has a product like this Drying towel, feel free to post or PM me since I am in the market and a LIST should be a sticky as well so we dont step on toes.
http://www.tropi-care.com/Waffle_Wea...el_p/tc-m3.htm
Just got one myself and I really like it.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:08 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by PSU 98
http://www.tropi-care.com/Waffle_Wea...el_p/tc-m3.htm
Just got one myself and I really like it.
Yeah I saw that, cheaper then what was posted. I am going to get 3, so I can do one car completely.

Quick Reply: Clean your microfiber towels!!