Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

custom S/S CME tips!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick_Rapitis
i dont think they would work on yours...but you could get some made with your dimensions...you would have to weld em on though most likely...which might make em look burnt and they could rust at the welds...

yeah man...i would have gotten yours if they came out about a year sooner but since i have the aluminum ones i figured this was the next best option at a really affordable price
damn, i got the aftermarket cme tips, wish it would work on them
Old 05-24-2009, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by midnightblue02
damn, i got the aftermarket cme tips, wish it would work on them
well just measure the width and hight, and then the curve at the ends...did you get yours from 6le? if so he could probably give you the dimensions...
Old 05-24-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

You could prolly draw an outline of it if you wanted it to be perfect.. hell touch a piece of paper to some good and dirty ones and you'll prolly have your dimensions right there
Old 05-24-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

Damn you people and your fancy tips, all my noise comes from halfway under the car =(
Old 05-24-2009, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Daez
Damn you people and your fancy tips, all my noise comes from halfway under the car =(
then put some tips on lol...or do some side exit exhaust just before the rear wheels...i've seen some like that and it looks sick!
Old 05-24-2009, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Daez
You could prolly draw an outline of it if you wanted it to be perfect.. hell touch a piece of paper to some good and dirty ones and you'll prolly have your dimensions right there
thats what i did with mine and then gave emblempros the dimensions i wanted...worked out perfectly!
Old 05-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Teching In

dude man, i parked next to you at the solon car show, remember my Z28???

btw the red v6 is the there car i was talking about (although it may have been the other guy?)

Old 05-24-2009, 05:46 PM
12 Second Club

yeah i remember man...but it must have been the other guy (maybe justin? with the red ss) you talked to about the 6er...
Old 05-25-2009, 02:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So basically is this stainless steal thing just a plate that goes on the lips of the tips? If so, how do you put it on? Is it welded or something? I'm probably going to get these. Thanks for the pics though man...
Old 05-25-2009, 02:06 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
So basically is this stainless steal thing just a plate that goes on the lips of the tips? If so, how do you put it on? Is it welded or something? I'm probably going to get these. Thanks for the pics though man...
I'm pretty sure the one posted is a piece of mirror polished stainless steel attached with doublesided tape to the OEM style aluminum cast tips... This is offered by emblempros.

My stainless steel tips come with or without a lip welded in and if you already have tips without the lip I could ask my guy if he would sell you just the lip to have welded on... Otherwise if you trace it out (or just get the measurements off of my website) emblempros can make the same thing for you, I'm just not sure there would be enough surface for it to stick to...
Old 05-25-2009, 02:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the OEM SLP CME tips. How is it possible these tips are attached with 3M double sided tape? The tips get pretty hot so I would think it wouldn't be possible.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are the regular CME tips THAT hard to keep clean? I just spray a little brake cleaner into a rag and wipe the surface before I wash the rest of my car.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gun4hire
Are the regular CME tips THAT hard to keep clean? I just spray a little brake cleaner into a rag and wipe the surface before I wash the rest of my car.
Does spraying brake cleaner work that good? I've been using never dull and it seems to work well.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:29 AM
On The Tree

looks really nice!
Old 05-25-2009, 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

I asked nick how he attached these. He used high temperature silcone rubber adhesive, which will work just fine. It must be high temperature to handle the heat. It is readily available at any auto parts store. Welding will ruin the finish of the stainless steel.
I still have the file for these tips if anyone else wants a set, but if you have a different tip, all I need are the dimensions to make you a pair.
Thanks,

Last edited by dragonZ28; 05-25-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Nick, you think you can post a side shot of the tips? Does it look as one with the tips? If I get these I don't want it to be noticeable that its an attached piece. dragonZ28 what does this go for? You can PM me if you'd like.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:25 PM
12 Second Club

Hey Nick, you think you can post a side shot of the tips? Does it look as one with the tips? If I get these I don't want it to be noticeable that its an attached piece. dragonZ28 what does this go for? You can PM me if you'd like.
for the most part it looks like its all one piece and not an extra piece on top...i put silicone around the outer edge as well and smoothed it in so it looks pretty seamless...i plan on setting my tips back a bit further anyway and once i do that it will look perfect...but like i said, i ordered mine a tiny bit larger than the original lip to ensure it would cover the whole thing properly but when i did the silicone around the edges it smoothed it out very nicely filling any gap that was there...i highly recommend you guys order these! (not just because i came up with the idea but because they really look nice, a lot better in person than in the crappy cell phone pictures)
Old 05-25-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Does spraying brake cleaner work that good? I've been using never dull and it seems to work well.
It works excellent. The thing is neverdull polishes the aluminum - but if you have polished it before then you dont need to do it again...it just needs the exhaust buildup to be cleaned away. Brake cleaner sprayed into a rag then wiping the rag on the tips cleans them in about 30 secs.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't see these on the website.... how would I order them?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS LeadFoot
I don't see these on the website.... how would I order them?
thats cuz they are custom, talk to matt or roger

Quick Reply: custom S/S CME tips!!!