Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Car wash

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wash

So, I made the ultimate sin and paid the price in my Z. I took it through Giant Eagle's GetGo Carwash. Big mistake. The driver's side cleaning mechanism was too close to the car. It ate into my clear on the hood, fender, door, quarter, and rear bumper. It also ripped my mirror off. I would never take a new car through one of these, or my z for that matter, but since they don't use brushes (it's more like cloth) I thought it would be OK. Plus, my paint is in good shape for a '99, but it is not perfect. Well I filled out a report with the manager and he was really cool. He said it was def. the car wash's fault, and that I will be getting a call from the insurance company in a few days. I am thinking of getting rid of the car...it is cursed. My wife damaged the DS fender and door. Got that fixed. I opened the DS door into rebar in home depot's parking lot, got paid for that, and now this. I love the car though Just thought I would share
Old 05-31-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ripped the mirror off? That's wack.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:33 PM
TECH Regular

Yes you committed the ultimate sin now you and the car will burn in hell for it. Just kidding. No really, thats crazy it would rip the mirror off. Hopefully the insurance co. doesn't jack you around. I'd dig up some before pics to show em what it looked like prior, best you can find. Any receipts for maint. anything to show the car was well maintained. When a dealership screwed up my paint thats what I did and they had no choice but to repair it back to the same condition, I spent a month doing it. I'd call your insurance agent also and let them know and make them work for you also.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Yeah, I am gonna see what they say when they call. If they try to screw with me, I will contact my insurance. I am also trying to figure out how to get the entire car painted since so much has to be repainted. I mean, it looks good for a '99, but 10 years is a big difference for half of the car