Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Stainless Header Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 08:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Stainless Header Bolts

I finally bought a set of "polished" long tubes for the car...well they are polished "AT". I plan to hand sand and polish them a lot better before the install (and polish the y-pipe and corsa catback to the same level as well), but my question is who makes a GOOD LOOKING stainless header bolt for our cars? I can polish them, thats not a big deal.

I have a full set of polished stainless ARPs that I took off of a car I parted out a while back...but it was a 1st gen SBC 350. Does anybody know if they are the same as the ones for a LS1...I doubt it but it would be great if they would work!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ARP makes a polished stud kit for $100 or you can get some Stage 8 locking bolts for about $40. To my knowledge ARP doesn't show a standard bolt kit for the LS1, but they might have some individual bolts that could work out. I have some Stage 8s and I just threw all the locking crap away, so the bolts show the groove cut in them but it looks better than the factory bolts for sure. They are stainless and look alright out the box, but they would need to be lightly hit with a buffer to really shine, no big deal. Those are probably the two best options.

EDIT,

The bolt size is 8mm x 1.25
ARP sells a polished set of 5 bolts with that thread that are about $20 # ARP 771-1002 You might want to double check the length, that part number is for 12pt but they also have 6pts for the same price.

Gardner-Westcott has some polished ls1 header bolt sets for $12-$16, those are only 6pts but pretty cheap.

I got those last two from summit

Last edited by blertawho; 06-16-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Stainless Header Bolts