Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Bright Red vs Torch Red

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 03:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bright Red vs Torch Red

Getting ready to paint the engine bay while the motor is out (will do the rest of the car later) and was wondering the difference between the to reds for the 94. I have never seen both side by side and my monitor makes them look the same on paint chips so is the Torch a "brighter " red the the other color?
Old 06-22-2009, 04:48 PM
TECH Regular

its closer to orange.. I had a Viper red 94 Z28 if you want to see some pictures of it. But all the pics I have seen of hugger orange on my computer look the same as viper red about 75% of the time. it's a VERY bright red haha
Old 06-22-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wasn't Torch Red a Corvette color? I'm actually in the process between deciding between Bright Red (stock) and Torch Red (Corvette Color) - for when I get my car painted. I thought the Camaro only came in Bright Red and the other red was more of a maroon, someone care to correct me? I've never heard of a Torch Red Camaro - which is one reason I kind of want that color.

There are also a few other Corvette reds I really like, maybe these pictures will help:

Here you can see GM used one color code, but SLIGHTLY changed up the color threw out the years. The red for the Camaro's is Bright Red, while the red for the Corvettes is Torch Red.

Torch Red got the short end of the stick on this picture - but even with it being on a C5 it still looks great.

Last edited by Counted Out; 06-22-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:08 AM
9 Second Club

thanks for the pics, went with Torch Red after seeing it in person. Price wasn't as bad I thought, only $575 for a gallon of Matrix two stage "kit" & #52 clear + a gallon of Montana primer.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lone Warrior
thanks for the pics, went with Torch Red after seeing it in person. Price wasn't as bad I thought, only $575 for a gallon of Matrix two stage "kit" & #52 clear + a gallon of Montana primer.
Torch Red is a Corvette color though right?\

Awesome choice by the way. Are you waiting a 4th Gen in that color?
Old 06-27-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is my color... I think it is Bright Red?? My car is an '02

Old 06-28-2009, 04:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

my 99 was torch red, had the paint code on the door. But mine was also special ordered from the factory brand new so im not sure if GM did it because of the special order or if its a stock color? Mine was special ordered 99 WS6 with a hardtop. But then the second owner did a t-top conversion. So i was pissed after i bought it and found out it was originally a hardtop and some idiot pissed that away.

Quick Reply: Bright Red vs Torch Red