Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Ideas on a spray adhesive...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ideas on a spray adhesive...

I'm currently wrapping some parts of my interior, and I don't want to have to go back and do it all over if the glue fails and have pieces sag and what-not. Have any of you guys tried this glue...

It says..

"Finally, a high quality aerosol HEADLINER ADHESIVE at a reasonable cost. Performance High Temp offers excellent bond strength under extreme climate conditions!"

Performance Hi-Temp is a high strength, high heat resistant contact spray adhesive. The ideal choice for bonding numerous automotive, marine, and industrial materials, including foam backed headliners, carpet, fabrics, jute carpet pad, foam, kickpads, rubber, plastics, and sufficiently supported vinyl to metal and various surfaces.

Features:

* Superior Bond Strength
* Heat and Water Resistant
* Wide Web Spray Pattern (1"-5" Spray Width)
* Adjustable Nozzle and Tip For Controlled Placement Of The Adhesive

I've seen tons of people using the 3M stuff but so far haven't heard of anyone recommending a "great" glue that won't lose tack in the heat. I'm not in Texas or anything, but just want to do everything right the first time.

Any and ALL suggestions are welcome.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Rockstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had plenty of experience with spray on adhesives, and they are **** in the heat.
I wrapped the headliner in my old 2nd gen bronco and after a month in the southern heat it started bubbling and sagging.
You should try some rubber cement thinned down and that should do the trick.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:00 PM
FormerVendor

We sell the glue we include in our leather wrapping kits here: http://store.specializedstainless.co...t&sfs=a11cb214

I've used it in SoCal (very hot summers) and so have many others. Never had a complaint. A big part of it is properly prepping the surfaces.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SS, I've actually been considering your glue, as well. How would you recommend prepping the surfaces? I'm going to be using vinyl, as well as suede in some areas. Both are going on the plastic parts, then suede on the headliner, if that helps at all in explaining on good prepping procedures.

And still wondering if anyone has used the glue I put above. I'm thinking of emailing them and seeing just what their temperature range is when they say "HIGH TEMP." So far I'm considering that glue and the glue that SS sells.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by latindragons
SS, I've actually been considering your glue, as well. How would you recommend prepping the surfaces? I'm going to be using vinyl, as well as suede in some areas. Both are going on the plastic parts, then suede on the headliner, if that helps at all in explaining on good prepping procedures.

And still wondering if anyone has used the glue I put above. I'm thinking of emailing them and seeing just what their temperature range is when they say "HIGH TEMP." So far I'm considering that glue and the glue that SS sells.
I am doing the same thing. I just bought 3M spray adhesive, I am gonna use that for the door panels. I might use something else for the headliner when I get to it. I have the stainless leather kit or at least I bought some off a member here. Be interested to see what this glue can do.

Quick Reply: Ideas on a spray adhesive...