Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Seat leather

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 06:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat leather

I recently aquired a 1999 T/A in near perfect condition with some performance mods. The only flaw I inherited is a rip in the driver's seat. A good attempt at stitching from the previous owner is keeping it closed and not sticking out like a bad rash.
But I would like to replace the leather altogether, while keeping the interior looking stock (not necessarily OEM, but keep the look). I even went and found on line an original mint CD w/equalizer Pontiac radio, replacing the Sony high end one (not stock) the car was bought with.

Anyway, I have been searching the net for a good leather seat skin manufacturer and I think I may have found one. Only thing is, there are no reviews or anyone that so far has used them. As good as their ad is, I'm not going to just jump in and order something which looks like it belongs in a Pinto.

Sooo.. Has anyone heard of Autoseatskins? They claim to make OEM style quality skins (from patters) for the firebirds/camaro...etc.
They use Katzkin leather.
I just ordered their sample leather book and should be getting it sometimes early next week.
And, has anyone ever replaced their car seat skins? I would really like to hear from people if they have done anything...repairs etc to their leather interior and what resources they used.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there is a sponsor here who sells the leather skins, but I can't remember who.. I'm sure someone will know 100%.