Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

how to get zanio wax off?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to get zanio wax off?

how can i remove the zanio wax,will dish soap work?
Old 08-01-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

yeah. Lots of people use dawn.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

i use dawn as a presoak to remove any wax and dirt.......works best in a foam cannon
Old 08-01-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

With warm water
Old 08-02-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 840 Likes on 643 Posts

Zaino is pretty durable. ZPC or a polish will work. 3M wax remover should work as well.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Use a 50/50 mixture of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water. Swab the surface using a clean damp microfiber towel.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bigc98ws6
how can i remove the zanio wax,will dish soap work?
First of all it isn't wax, so the dish soap isn't going to do anything to it. Like Steve said, the isopropl alcohol is the way to get it off short of using a cutting compound.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Never use dish soap on your car.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Regular

^^^^ why? Me and my dad have always used dish soap before a polish. He has won and been runner up in a few car shows in his 01 Corvette.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94Aquaformula
^^^^ why? Me and my dad have always used dish soap before a polish. He has won and been runner up in a few car shows in his 01 Corvette.
why?

cause SSTG said so.

and because they said to use alcohol and distilled water
Old 08-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Staging Lane

^^ hahaha...two great points
Old 08-03-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01MUSSL
^^ hahaha...two great points
I try to be helpful.

but seriously I enjoy these threads. I am a detailing noob. and my car has been sitting for 7 months in a garage, and i know its getting a lot of little scratches, so im gonna have to clay bar it, once its runinng....
Old 08-03-2009, 11:31 AM
TECH Regular

just because someone says you should use something means your gonna jump on the band wagon? I Want to know why not to use dawn soap. I'm not saying alcohol and distilled water wont work. But explain instead of SSTG said so to use it i should only use it.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just because someone says you should use something means your gonna jump on the band wagon? I Want to know why not to use dawn soap. I'm not saying alcohol and distilled water wont work. But explain instead of SSTG said so to use it i should only use it.
First off i'm only trying to help...so lets not make me out to be the bad guy. Secondly i've been detailing cars for over 18yrs so i'm not pulling this out of my hat.Here's a quote from Mike Phillips detailing guru to start...

"Dawn is somewhat famous for it's strong detergent cleaning action enabling it to remove grease from dishes and pans. The idea being if it will remove grease, food and things like cooking oils from your dishes, it will be strong enough to do a stellar job of cleaning your paint before you begin a detailing session.

There is also a certain camp of people that recommend with a zeal, the use of Dawn to wash your car before the application of some paint protectants to insure some company's polymers will be able to bond to the finish.

The problem with using strong detergents to wash your car is that not only do high alkaline, strong detergent soaps like Dawn dull your car's paint and strip off wax/polymer protectants, it also dries out all of the non-paint components such as vinyl, rubber and plastic. End.

There are better ways to remove wax than dish soap.I like to get the best result possible from my work.
Furthermore there are many opionions on this topic I encourage you, if you want to know... search & read up.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Regular

All i asked was when you posted. "Never use dish soap on your car." I wanted an explanation of why not to Instead of just shooting down using it.

I find it much easier to just put a couple dabs of dawn soap in a bucket of water and start washing the car.

Instead of going to the store and buying isopropl alcohol and distilled water and mixing both. Whatever works for you, go for it.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

From zanio's web site:

Prior to using Zaino Show Car Polish for the first time, we recommend using Dawn dishwashing liquid to wash your car. Dawn will dissolve wax and other sealants, and easily removes grease, tar and bug remains. Be sure to rinse your car very well after using Dawn. After your first application of Zaino Show Car Polish, use Z-7 Show Car Wash for regular washing.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Woah there guys. I was simply making a joke.

Personally, I am a poser-hardcore detailer.and would feel cool saying i prewash with isopropl with distilled water, opposed to dawn.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

From zanio's web site:

Prior to using Zaino Show Car Polish for the first time, we recommend using Dawn dishwashing liquid to wash your car. Dawn will dissolve wax and other sealants, and easily removes grease, tar and bug remains. Be sure to rinse your car very well after using Dawn. After your first application of Zaino Show Car Polish, use Z-7 Show Car Wash for regular washing.

As I stated there are better ways to remove wax from the car,such as simply claying the car to remove wax. 50/50 iso wipe down is better to remove all wax and sealants.But a simple polish will work great at removing the wax and leave some of the oils,if all you want to do is remove the wax. If Zaino says to use dish soap... go by there recomendation.I personally will not use dish soap of any kind on my customers vehicles.

Originally Posted by PUNISHER TA
Woah there guys. I was simply making a joke.

Personally, I am a poser-hardcore detailer.and would feel cool saying i prewash with isopropl with distilled water, opposed to dawn.
It's all good. We agree to disagree.That's all.

Quick Reply: how to get zanio wax off?