Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

notch back question

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 07:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default notch back question

im hoaping that some one can answer my question. but i doubt many people have this hatch much less the role cage i want
ok so i was wondering if any one has this hatch and this role bar. i was wondering if they work together. im worried about the bars that trail back to the hatch area if they clear. i want the over the seat bars but if thouse dont work than i wouldent mind getting the other bars if they work.... could some one please help me out if you have these two things on your car... or if you have the hatch and you think the cage will work please let me know
thanks
Old 11-24-2003, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok does any one have pics of what a firebird looks like with the notch back hatch on it (rksport sport back/targa hatch)
Old 11-24-2003, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

ive never even seen or heard of someone buying one of those before
One thing to consider is that you can't expect anyone over 4' tall to sit in the back anymore. That hatch kills headroom, from what ive heard
Old 11-24-2003, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i normaly dont have more than on person riding with me at a time.... that and the role bar is going to make it impossible to get back there in the first place... i figgured id pull out the back seats and that can become the place for two big ol purple bottels!!
Old 11-25-2003, 02:08 PM
Teching In

First of all no one needs two big purple bottles that is way to ricey. Secondly I would say that there is no way that the roll bar and the notchback will work together. The rear arms extend too far. However I would suggest this. If you are serious about pulling the rear seats then buy the roll bar and have two custom rear arms bent for your application.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i was trying to avoide bending new rear arms.. i was hoaping the deck ones would work... about being ricy .. i have no fear of that... i just figgure that if i ever start running the stuff ill go through alot of it and im too damnd lazy to get it refilled so oftin.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

You might want to check with a local bodyshop before purchasing that. A good fiberglass man can custom make a hatch glass replacement that will flow right into existing vehicle lines. He might even be able to do it for a similar price as long as you let him now your getting your paintwork done through him too.

If you decide to go looking for a body shop I would suggest looking for a shop that specializes in Corvettes,Custom aucio enclosures, or :O Imports

good luck.

Quick Reply: notch back question