Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Plz help with a few easy mod questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009 | 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

Default Plz help with a few easy mod questions

1) I'm trying to find the clear front marker lights for my 97 T/A. Having a lot of trouble finding them. Found the rears, not the front ones though.

2) What color silver matches the silver 'ram air' sticker on the hood? I'm looking to paint the hood inserts and the T/A logo on the doors.

3) Whats the easiest way to paint the T/A logo on the door? Mask it off, or remove it and reinstall them once finished?

Thanks for all replies.
Old 10-12-2009 | 12:12 AM
TECH Junkie

1) Look for a Camaro rear side marker clear corner lights - they are the same.

2) Not sure.

3) I would not do it on-car. Either take them off and spray them, or put vinyl on them. Or buy new ones of course.
Old 10-12-2009 | 01:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BLK,97,T/A,M-6
1) I'm trying to find the clear front marker lights for my 97 T/A. Having a lot of trouble finding them. Found the rears, not the front ones though.

2) What color silver matches the silver 'ram air' sticker on the hood? I'm looking to paint the hood inserts and the T/A logo on the doors.

3) Whats the easiest way to paint the T/A logo on the door? Mask it off, or remove it and reinstall them once finished?

Thanks for all replies.
1) like Spd-Kilz said, they're the same as the camaro rears- very easy to find on ebay. afterthoughtsauto.com also sells them specifically for the front of trans ams, though they run like $50

2) not sure either. take a pic of the decal and go to the store and find something close. even if its not perfect, you'll find something close enough.

3) i wouldnt paint it. simple as that. go to emblempros.com and get a set of their overlays. very good quality, perfect fit, and they have plenty of colors to choose from, and stainless. or just get some vinyl overlays, not as good quality as emblempros, and dont look as good. IMO
---if you must paint, i personally would just use liquid paint and a brush. if you remove the letters to do it you have to try to realign them to get them straight again- may not come out too nice. and its way too intricate to try to tape off.
Old 10-12-2009 | 02:14 AM
TECH Regular

thanks guy's, but I found the rears. I'm looking for the front ones. Afterthoughtsauto.com sells the front marker lights but they're for 98-02 T/A's, not 93-97 like I need.
Old 10-12-2009 | 07:10 AM
TECH Veteran

sorry about that, didnt even catch that. they're on ebay, just gotta change your wording. here ya go:
(fronts and backs) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97...19197001r32868

(front + back + headlight kit) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...QQcmdZViewItem

-disclaimer: if i'm wrong again, i'll be honest, i havent ever really paid extremely close attention to details of the 93-97 birds. but hey, i tried. hope it helps.
Old 10-12-2009 | 07:17 AM
TECH Veteran

they're not just side markers, theyre your signal lights. so go search this "1997 trans am clear signal light" on ebay motors. when the page loads, nothing is going to be listed, 0 results. right under the search bar they're is an option to "Include title and description", click that box and search again. and they're ya go. theres also some black ones that come up.
- here i'll make it easy for you: http://motors.desc.shop.ebay.com/i.h...sacat=0&_rdc=1

Quick Reply: Plz help with a few easy mod questions