Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics of 6litretr's side splitters and canards

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
whats up with the valence? is that just like a RS body kit peice that is made to be like a CME valence? i think that looks worse than anything else... you should get 6LE's valence for sure!
That is a FACTORY SLP CME. It used to have quad tips, at least I talked him into changing those, lol!

SLP made two styles, this one and the one similar to what we make...

EDIT: I stand corrected. SLP makes the two styles but Carlos' was never a factory option...

Last edited by 6LITEREATER; 12-30-2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
That is a FACTORY SLP CME. It used to have quad tips, at least I talked him into changing those, lol!

SLP made two styles, this one and the one similar to what we make...
really, huh i didnt know that... learn something everyday!
Old 12-30-2009, 01:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, actually, back when the 4th-gens were made, the last 2 years SLP offered the CME exhaust as a factory option and ONLY sold the OEM CME with the original valance that Mark had duplicated.

If anyone had an SS and wanted the factory OEM CME with that tucked valance, you could ONLY get it from SLP IF you had a VIN of an SS that ORIGINALLY paid for it as an option.

If you bought a new SS without the OEM CME option and later on wanted to get it, SLP would NOT sell it to you.

Then SLP decided to come out with this aftermarket valance with the "dual-quad" tips that anyone could buy, I didn't have a choice so I bought that one.

Once GM announced that they were going to stop making the 4th-gen, SLP opened up their doors and offered the original OEM CME to anyone that bought it but was asking what, 900 bucks for it?

Then others made copies of the OEM CME tips and the OEM CME valance and the rest is history.

I kept the aftermarket SLP dual-quad CME valance cuz I liked it and I didn't want the OEM CME valance cuz well, I don't like it.

So there you go.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Carlos01SS
Well, actually, back when the 4th-gens were made, the last 2 years SLP offered the CME exhaust as a factory option and ONLY sold the OEM CME with the original valance that Mark had duplicated.

If anyone had an SS and wanted the factory OEM CME with that tucked valance, you could ONLY get it from SLP IF you had a VIN of an SS that ORIGINALLY paid for it as an option.

If you bought a new SS without the OEM CME option and later on wanted to get it, SLP would NOT sell it to you.

Then SLP decided to come out with this aftermarket valance with the "dual-quad" tips that anyone could buy, I didn't have a choice so I bought that one.

Once GM announced that they were going to stop making the 4th-gen, SLP opened up their doors and offered the original OEM CME to anyone that bought it but was asking what, 900 bucks for it?

Then others made copies of the OEM CME tips and the OEM CME valance and the rest is history.

I kept the aftermarket SLP dual-quad CME valance cuz I liked it and I didn't want the OEM CME valance cuz well, I don't like it.

So there you go.
Ha! Carlos, I can so hear your tone and inflections in this, lol! When do you want to do the splash guards?
Old 12-30-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Ha! Carlos, I can so hear your tone and inflections in this, lol! When do you want to do the splash guards?

Dude, doing the move thang, then I'm gonna get thte garage setup first and THEN I'mma gonna re-set the side splitters and THEN I'll call you hahaha!

We're moving out of our townehome manana, won't be moving into the new house till 1/15/10 at the latest, we're gonna hafta store all our **** and stay at the Marriott for what, a couple of weeks until escrow closes, I'll call you buddy!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Love It!

I love this look. I think these cars look way too long stock. Mine is lowered with C6 rims but I look at it next to my vette that is so much shorter and wondered what to do. This is the answer.

I do have to figure out the back though. If I do this out front and down the sides, the back will need something.

Thanks for coming up with something other than GFX.....

Also seems funny that some of the comments here come from WS6 owners with more heavy looking plastic on them than anything in recent history...I like them too, but I think the SS looks "lighter" without some of that on it.

Great product!
Old 01-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TightSS
I love this look. I think these cars look way too long stock. Mine is lowered with C6 rims but I look at it next to my vette that is so much shorter and wondered what to do. This is the answer.

I do have to figure out the back though. If I do this out front and down the sides, the back will need something.

Thanks for coming up with something other than GFX.....

Also seems funny that some of the comments here come from WS6 owners with more heavy looking plastic on them than anything in recent history...I like them too, but I think the SS looks "lighter" without some of that on it.

Great product!
We can also make them in carbon fiber for a higher end look (more like the ZR1) and we also sell splash guards for the back (the CME and DE valances we sell can also be had in CF)...

Quick Reply: Pics of 6litretr's side splitters and canards