Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

lazy eye mod??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
thanks evil that gives me a good idea, my only fear is that doing it that way would prematurly burn the motor out. i know they are designed to stop on resistance but i would think that would kill the plastic gears on the 98+ headlight motors. still its a direction thanks again
He oakie rigged his. This is a COMMON mod in the 240sx world and as so, they have a smart solution. Its called the Pivot RHU-M headlight comtroler/modulator. A 240sx is actually super easy, ill post how to do it. The same principles may apply for our cars, but im no good at electronics and couldnt tell you lol.

http://www.zeroyon.com/pics/installs...epyeyemod.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcaLnkI5UmE
Old 02-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Teching In

your car is dope..
Old 02-15-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I always thought the pop-up headlights on the 98-02 Firebirds/TransAms were pretty sexy they way they sit. They just look mean.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've always liked the look on the 240's. I could see it looking good on the LT1 cars, but not so sure about the LS1s.

I'd have to see it.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 351 Likes on 264 Posts

thanks z ill look at my connector next time i have a chance and see what we got.

the controller is a much better option than hacking up my wiring, but i dont want the lights to go all the way up ever again. i maybe looking into just getting some short actuators, that way i get rid of the plastic gear on our factory headlight motors and get the look im after
Old 02-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Teching In

I was wondering when someone else would think of this idea lol. I have been thinking about how to change the headlights for awhile. My first idea was a lot more complicated and I am still not sure if it would work. But then I thought, just retrofit some projectors and make the lid open up just enough for the projectors and it would look similar to my first idea. I think this would look badass and you should definitely do it so then I don't have to figure out how to make it work
Old 02-16-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
thanks z ill look at my connector next time i have a chance and see what we got.

the controller is a much better option than hacking up my wiring, but i dont want the lights to go all the way up ever again. i maybe looking into just getting some short actuators, that way i get rid of the plastic gear on our factory headlight motors and get the look im after
hmm...could work.

Quick Reply: lazy eye mod??