Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Corbeau seat without slider?

Old 02-17-2010, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Corbeau seat without slider?

I have Corbeau VX2000s in my '00 SS. Right now they are mounted on the Corbeau sliders, which makes them sit a bit higher than stock.

I am tall and I feel like I am sitting too high up, is there a way to mount a Corbeau seat without sliders and without drilling the floorpan?

Thanks

Christian
Old 02-17-2010, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by starfishy
I have Corbeau VX2000s in my '00 SS. Right now they are mounted on the Corbeau sliders, which makes them sit a bit higher than stock.

I am tall and I feel like I am sitting too high up, is there a way to mount a Corbeau seat without sliders and without drilling the floorpan?

Thanks

Christian
I have CR1's. I lowered the drivers side by modifying the adapter from Corbeau. I do not have pics, but what I did was cut the tabs off that raise the rear of the seat about an inch. I drilled a new hole in the upper portion of the square frame that was above the hole in the tab that was cut off. I then welded a new flat tab too the other side and drilled the matching hole in that. It basically lowered the seat an inch. The mods are easy if you have a grinder and a welder, but the install after that is really tight.

In the spring I will attempt the passenger side, it will be even tougher since I have the cat hump to deal with on that side.

I hope that helps, I will not be able to take any pics till spring.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up

I think I can visualize the change you made and it sounds like what I need to do.

My wife actually likes the taller seat, she always felt she was sitting a bit too low so I will have that done only on the driver's side.

Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how it came out.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm working on some seat brackets for a stock seat. I'm 6'6" and was just a little too big for the stock setup. I haven't made the brackets yet and have just the stock seat sitting on a pillow and it is very comfortable for me.

Maybe some seat brackets would be a good project for this weekend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corbeau seat without slider?