Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Front Seat help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front Seat help!

OK, so I'm getting ready to take the covers off of my 94 Firebird seats and can't figure the shet out. I need to get them off to send to the guy making the new covers. The problem I am having right now is getting the headrest off, and it looks like I'll have to just cut the headrest itself, but getting the bars out of the seat, figured ya'll would know better. Any help would be appreciated. I was trying to find somebody on here who had a set for sale, but no luck thus far.

Pictures...and before I get flamed, they are in an 86 Monte SS, yes, but so is the lsx swap!

Old 02-24-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only know the AQ9 leather seats but there are clips that hold the headrest to the seat. on the AQ9's you remove the plastic backing to access the clips. on yours i'd guess you have to unclip the seat top upholstery and slide it up enough to access the clips. here is a pic of my seat with the backing removed. you can kind of see where the clips go. they are under the light gray fabric in the pic but if you get the fabric up on yours you should just be able to follow the headrest bars down to where the clips are. once the clips are out you kind of have to play with the headrest a bit to get it out.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you sir, I shall try it this weekend and see what I can get out of it! After toying with it for about an hour, I figured something had to be locking them in place...bastads!
Old 02-24-2010, 05:52 PM
TECH Regular

If you're still looking for some, I have some leather ones from my '95 TA for sale

Quick Reply: Front Seat help!