Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

wheel spaceing

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel spaceing

i want to space my wheels out a little bit, just curious on how far i should space them, i dont want them sticking out of the wheel wells but i want them to be close to even with the wheel wells.. i have c6 z06 wheels that are 18s and 9.5 all around

thanks
Old 03-01-2010, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can measure that yourself. Take a small washer and tie it to the end of a piece of string or thread. Have a tape measure handy and hang the string from the inside lip at the top inside of the quarter panel or fender. Then measure from the widest part of the TIRE to that string. I'd give .25" less that amount for clearance.

Swat
Old 03-01-2010, 12:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^thats genius. never woulda thought of that
Old 03-01-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the string trick is a good one. Without knowing your wheels specs theres no way anyone here can give good advise.

I can say that if you had the wheels that i have (y2k thin spokes C5 wheels *OEM*) you could use 1" spacers in the rear (of course the bolt in type) and its spaced perfectly, but it looks like you have z06 wheels, and im not sure if they are OEM or reproductions, and what the backsacing and offset are.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast01z28
the string trick is a good one. Without knowing your wheels specs theres no way anyone here can give good advise.

I can say that if you had the wheels that i have (y2k thin spokes C5 wheels *OEM*) you could use 1" spacers in the rear (of course the bolt in type) and its spaced perfectly, but it looks like you have z06 wheels, and im not sure if they are OEM or reproductions, and what the backsacing and offset are.
what are "bolt in" type spacers?

And when you say 1" spacers is that using the factory size studs or do you need longer ones?