Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Need help finding emblems!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finding emblems!

I've been toying with the idea to make my ride a all-out clone of the intimidator ss. I have the paint all done, gauges, shifter, rotors, wheels will be here soon, silver ss emblems, front grill and ss emblem, but I lack the intimidator ss emblems. I can get earnhardt dealer emblems that look close, but the don't say intimidator ss on them. What do you guys think? I know some of you are not liking the fact that I am considering cloning an awesome car. I wouldn't be cloning if I could afford one. I can have a decal made to look just like the factory emblem - any opinions?
Old 03-07-2010, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Good luck with that. I may be able to find you a decal but an emblem will be hard to find. I looked a while back with no luck
Old 03-08-2010, 07:04 AM
On The Tree

If you know where I could find a decal that would be great - as it would save me time by not having to have one made. Do you think it would still look decent?
Old 03-08-2010, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I, like so many on here am against the badging of a car that it is not, however it is you car and as long as it is never sold as that car it should be ok. Get a hold of the guys at emblem pros they may be able to make some custom emblems for you. I would try to get a custom emblem for your car rather than an identical Intimidator emblem. Either that or I kinda like your idea of putting an Earnhardt dealer emblem there instead. Just my thought on the situation.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought two earnhardt emblems for my colorado and camaro, Cant wait to put them on
Old 03-09-2010, 07:00 AM
On The Tree

I appreciate your thoughts on the subject. I think I will go with the regular dealer emblems.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

Emblem pros makes beautiful emblems, and you can customize them however you want, I'm sure they could make a perfect replica of the emblems you want.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

I think it's a great idea. Screw all the guys on here who will tell you "it's not right" to make clones. As long as it's done the right way there's nothing wrong with it, IMO
Old 03-09-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Daez
Emblem pros makes beautiful emblems, and you can customize them however you want, I'm sure they could make a perfect replica of the emblems you want.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Daez
Exactly what I was going to say...

HOWEVER, why not just take the style emblem and then change the DE part of it to something else (your screen name, car's build name, etc...)?

That would be way cooler IMHO...
Old 03-09-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why would you make an exact clone? taking ideas from the car is one thing, but copying it outright is a little questionable. are u going to try to sell it as a GMMG car when it isn't? or do you think a clone will bring more money? i don't get it. why not make it your own?
Old 03-10-2010, 07:06 AM
On The Tree

If you read the original post you would understand why I want to make a clone. I wouldn't consider it if I could afford the real deal. I also acknowleged the fact that some of you are against this fact before you even made mention of it.
Why do people take old malibu chevelles and make ss clones? Or they take regular old camaros and make ss 396 cars? I can't speak for everyone who does this but I'll give it a shot.

1) They look better than they did from the factory.
2) They probably wouldn't do it if they had the money to buy the mac daddy versions in the first place.

I think these are the same reasons I stated why I was wanting to do this to my car. I don't know why some of you think I would sell it as a GMMG car. I don't have any documentation to prove that it is a GMMG car, so how do you think I could pull that off? It's almost as if there is a sense of jealousy in the air like I've got some sort of get rich quick scheme and by me putting exact emblems on my car it will make it worth $25-35k more than what it is now.

I've had older chevelles that were malibu models, and I've made them ss clones and have sold them to other people and disclosed the fact that they were indeed malibus - with no issues.

I respect the fact that some of you are against the idea, but don't think I'm doing this to make money.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It is not so much to me about the money situation. Anyone who knows anything about buying a car should look into it anyways if not and they get screwed they get what they deserve for being naive. I agree with brian rs/ss and to me I guess I would just take some of the ideas and make it my own car with some other subtle changes as well and not clone an entire car. It is your car so do as you wish with it. You asked for opinions so that is what you are getting trust me I hear peoples opinions all the time about my ground effects without even asking for opinions about them. In the end the car is yours you will be the one driving it and looking at it every day. Do as you like with it and if someone doesn't like what you have done to your car they can themselves
Old 03-10-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What if you got the Intimidator badges from the Dale Earnhardt Truck Silverado? Who cares why this guy wants to do it. Maybe he likes the way the car looks as stated above^^ or maybe hes a Earnhardt fan, like myself. **** my camaro or colorado is not from DE chevrolet but Im gonna put a badge on them because Dale was the man

Quick Reply: Need help finding emblems!