Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

wiper arm differences?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 01:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Question wiper arm differences?

Do any of you know why GM switched F-body wiper arm designs from the 93-96 style to the flat style found on 98-02? My 99 wiper arms chatter above 75MPH and I was just wondering because by looking at the 93-96 wipers you would think that they create some sort of downforce/drag. Was it for cost savings? Improved aero? Less weight?? I really want to know if there is a good reason not to use them (aside from looks, but that's subjective).
Old 04-28-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Do any of you know why GM switched F-body wiper arm designs from the 93-96 style to the flat style found on 98-02? My 99 wiper arms chatter above 75MPH and I was just wondering because by looking at the 93-96 wipers you would think that they create some sort of downforce/drag. Was it for cost savings? Improved aero? Less weight?? I really want to know if there is a good reason not to use them (aside from looks, but that's subjective).
They seem to have cut a lot of corners on the 98 (maybe 97?) and up cars compared to the 96 we have. The wipers dont have the spoilers on them...the door handles dont have seals...there are no seals on the bottoms of the doors...and some other things I have noticed but cant remember right off the top of my head. I think it was a cost savings more than anything else.

Quick Reply: wiper arm differences?