Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HID help in TRANS AM

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HID help in TRANS AM

I just installed some HID's in my trans am and i have a problem.....ok the first set of bulbs i put it were 6000K well one bulb showed white wihle the other showerd white with a little blue.....then i said wtf ok im order some 8000K n see if it works...wel i did and still the same problem...1 is white still but brighter and the other is still like white blue but brighter....the one that is pure whtie is the driver side and the one that is white/blue is the passenger side and idk how the wiring is b4 i got th car but i know i orderd a relay harness for the hids so maybe thatll fix something...i hope i know there are some HID guru's out there
Old 04-30-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

have you tried switching the bulbs or ballasts from one side or the other?
Old 04-30-2010, 02:13 PM
FormerVendor

You may have two different ballasts. A 55W ballast will make the same color lamp shine whiter than a 35W. As was already mentioned, swap the ballast from one side to the other and see what happens.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok will do ill have to do it at night tho so i can really tell and also i got the HID relay...how the hell do u get that thing installed i honestly thought it would be a piece of cake from watching vids but how to u got the positive hooked up my freakin positive boot wont let it catch with the wire on there
Old 04-30-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK well i switched the ballast from one side to the other and still the same problem....ill switch bulbs tomorrow n let yall know whats up

Quick Reply: HID help in TRANS AM