Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dash Pad Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dash Pad Question

My dash pad recently decided to crack from the right side of the defroster vent about 2/3 of the way to the windshield. Needless to say, I'm pretty pissed, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm wondering what all options I have for replacement? Yes, I've read the thread about wrapping it, etc, but that doesn't really help me if it explodes into a billion pieces when i take it off like so many people seem to have had happen. Is my only option for a new one to either head to a local salvage yard and hope they have an uncracked one that I can get off w/o cracking or to drop nearly $200 at GMpartsdirect, or is there another vendor that makes replacment interior panels at a sane price?

However I get a new one, I'm definitely wrapping it BEFORE installing it, so even if it re-cracks I've got no worries in the future.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the middle of repairing mine now. Don't be too worried about how many little parts it breaks into. The plastic weld in the writeup works great! Just put it together like a big puzzle lol. I put a couple of layers of fiberglass mat on the underside of it to make it stronger than it was new. I'm planning on painting mine instead of wraping it. I have pics but don't know how to post them???