Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fixed headlights for T/A's

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 06:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed headlights for T/A's

I remember back like 5 years ago that there was a T/A Firehawk in Motor Trend that had really good looking fixed headlights. Does anyone know if these were ever actually produced?

Does anyone currently sell a kit that converts the T/A lights to a fixed version. I was looking for something that looks like its OEM...I dont' want any rice looking applications. It would be really neat if there was a way to duplicate the late 60's Camaros that had the sliding covering over the lights.

The only reason I'm thinking about this is because these lights can't be good for drag at high speeds or even at the track.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:49 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For 1000 bucks you can get these:

www.breathlessperformance.com
That's your only option and I say it's a waste of money. They are really not in the way at all except at night. But even then, in stock form these cars are nothing great to speak of at 140+.

Rob
Old 01-12-2004, 08:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the hawk lights could not get dot approval, and were never made, they used a different hood, and were about 2/3s the size of the ones now.

they will never be made, the designer has threatened to sue anybody who makes them...

ryan
Old 01-12-2004, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$1000

Thanks for the link.

Are they nuts??? Geez...if and when I completely run out of performance mods....then I'll get these!!!

It would be nice to see someone come along and duplicate the lights that are not on the C6 Vette. Now those would look nice.

Quick Reply: Fixed headlights for T/A's