Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

BLS HID and HID fogs installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default BLS HID and HID fogs installed

First off, I would like to say, I was hesitant to drop the cash on the BLS kit, but after seeing other's pics, I knew it was worth it. Everything seems to be well made and the install was pretty straight forward, except had some issues with aligning the driver's side projector.

I ended up using the 2" screws that Brian included. The passenger side was easy to align, the driver's side kept being too low. I realized that this was because I was using the 2" screw (which pulls the headlight down) while also completely compressing the top adjuster screw. I ended up shortening the spring on the top adjuster (cut 1 loop off) and was able to aim the light properly.

My other option was to use the 2.5" screws, but using the 2 springs provided (1 short and 1 long) did not provide enough tension to hold the headlight steady (I believe this is what others had been talking about when they were saying their headlights shake alot when driving down the road). If I tightened the screw more, so that the springs were putting tension on the headlight, the back end would hit when the headlights were in the down position. Maybe using 2 long springs would have worked, but it was late and I wanted to finish the alignment up so I could enjoy the new lights.

Anyways, it was an easy fix, and am by no means complaining about the kit, just thought it might help others out in the future.

As far as the HID fogs, I purchased the kit that others had used from DDM and used the stock housings for now.

I got the 5k 35 watts for fogs and 6k 55watts for the headlights, they are a pretty close match.

And here are the pics, sorry no night shots yet:

I tried hiding the wiring as much as I could and had relocated my ground from the top of the frame next to the radiator support to another ground I had found farther down while doing my H&C swap...kind of hard to see in the pic, but its the "clean" black wire, compared to all my dirty ones.

And the entire engine bay...mainly just bc I finally got the fast92/92 installed
Old 06-06-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking good. I think the color of the lights matches nicely with the cars color too.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! Really good looking car btw. In for the night shots...
Old 06-06-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
Looks great! Really good looking car btw. In for the night shots...
Thanks, great kit by the way. I'm glad someone finally made a kit with projectors.

Here are some night shots

Old 06-06-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks phenomenal!!! Output and color look perfect!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:21 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks man, I love driving it...even at night now! Only bad part is that its suppose to rain for the next few days, so I will probably leave it in the garage.

Quick Reply: BLS HID and HID fogs installed