Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Mini Restoration Hooray!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Restoration Hooray!

I will put up pictures when I get the work done, but the past couple weekends I had some pretty sucessful junkyard finds. On top of that I just got my first paycheck at with a decent paying job so I treated myself to a couple purchases, no preformance mods, im just trying to freshin it up.

At the junkyard I was able to find:
-Passanger door panel (mine had a couple hooks busted so it always looked bad, when the door was open there was a half inch gap, looked like crap)
-Tail lights, granted they are V6 ones but I can say goodbye to condensation building up and looking like crap
-Stock antenna, a small find but the aftermarket one I have gets terrible reception
-Passanger window glass, my old one had the typical fbody track scratches, I am also going to fix the power motor during.
-stock shift ****, a small find but I was only able to find online vendors selling them for $170, at the junkyard $3!
-I am also going to re paint the center console, same gray color nothing ricey, its just old and stratched up/faded.

I also just purchased a couple things:
-Grant steering wheel, my airbag light was on, radio buttions were burnt out, and did not work, so I just decided to try an aftermarket one, it seems like they work pretty well according to people on here, I hope for the same luck.
-Dashboard cover, this will cover up the cracks, I didnt want to spend $350+ on a new one so I think this will look just fine.
-A new headliner, mine was just starting to sag, I have tried once before to replace the fabric on my brothers camaro, but It just doesnt look as good as new so now with some money I decided to put the coin down for a new one.

All thats left on my list is: A full paint job (keeping the polo green) Kooks stainless headers and GMMG catback, and painting the wheels white, (I think the green and white will look pretty good, if not I will probably just go with ZR1's) Thats going to be pretty expensive so it wont be till post college graduation + job. 1 year left baby!

Cant wait to start fixin her up, she has been pretty neglected the past couple years! After this I think its going to look pretty mint!
Old 06-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like your off too a good start!
Old 06-15-2010, 05:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent - keep it up and post pics!

Quick Reply: Mini Restoration Hooray!