Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front License Plate Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front License Plate Help

Sad to say I live in Ohio and we are required to have a front license plate......stupid law. Any suggestions on what looks the best or ideas to not make it look so bad on a 2002 Camaro SS 35th Aniv.?

I am thinking about putting it under the car where the air deflector is....but I see where guys were still getting tickets.

Any suggestions or Pictures of some different ideas?

Thanks in advance....
Old 06-29-2010, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get a remote altec one. Goes under your front bumper and u press.the button andit pops.up
Old 06-29-2010, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

What does the law say? does it have to be at the front of the vehicle, or just visible from the front?

If it's the first option, there is no real good way. If it's the second one, you can put it on your dash.

There is always the option of the ticket.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=56767420
Old 06-29-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jammiinjs
Sad to say I live in Ohio and we are required to have a front license plate......stupid law. Any suggestions on what looks the best or ideas to not make it look so bad on a 2002 Camaro SS 35th Aniv.?

I am thinking about putting it under the car where the air deflector is....but I see where guys were still getting tickets.

Any suggestions or Pictures of some different ideas?

Thanks in advance....
You been pulled over for no plate before? I've never ran a front plate in 5 years and haven't been hasseled about it before (knock on wood). And don't put it on the air dam, i had it there and if you bottom out you ran scrape up the plate.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cfallsguy
And don't put it on the air dam, i had it there and if you bottom out you ran scrape up the plate.
that just makes it harder for them to read it
Old 06-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could get the clear one from afterthoughts, i bought the blemished one for like 35 bux and it was perfect. I changed my mind and am having it painted anyway tho- lol http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/firclearlicp.html
Old 06-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by battousai
What does the law say? does it have to be at the front of the vehicle, or just visible from the front?

If it's the first option, there is no real good way. If it's the second one, you can put it on your dash.

I have not got a ticket.....but I have been reading in another forum that others in my area in Ohio has been getting tickets.

I have been thinking of going without one....and see what happens.

I had a 2002 TA, but sold it in 2004 when we decided to have some kids. I recently just purchased the SS, and it was a PA car and they do not need front plates.....so there is no bracket. Just looking for ideas....I searched on here and googled it...just seeing if anyone has some different idea.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by battousai

i personally go with that option

Originally Posted by zaaronz
You could get the clear one from afterthoughts, i bought the blemished one for like 35 bux and it was perfect. I changed my mind and am having it painted anyway tho- lol http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/firclearlicp.html
he has a camaro, not a bird
Old 06-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by zaaronz
I actually had that when I had my TA back in the day.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jammiinjs
I have not got a ticket.....but I have been reading in another forum that others in my area in Ohio has been getting tickets.

I have been thinking of going without one....and see what happens.

I had a 2002 TA, but sold it in 2004 when we decided to have some kids. I recently just purchased the SS, and it was a PA car and they do not need front plates.....so there is no bracket. Just looking for ideas....I searched on here and googled it...just seeing if anyone has some different idea.
what kind of grill do you have now? SLP grill, billett grill, no grill, stock plastic?

I've seen a couple people on here put their plates behind their billett grills, which actually didn't look too bad... didn't look great either, but if i HAD to put a license plate up front, it's probably the best option i've seen.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
what kind of grill do you have now? SLP grill, billett grill, no grill, stock plastic?

I've seen a couple people on here put their plates behind their billett grills, which actually didn't look too bad... didn't look great either, but if i HAD to put a license plate up front, it's probably the best option i've seen.
Stock Grill.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

SLP bracket

http://www.jegs.com/i/SLP/847/59388/...ductId=1167185
Old 06-29-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have my LP on my dash. but i am also thinking of putting it on the plastic piece like you mentioned under the car. try to hang it just a bit low so that way they see there is a LP atleast.

and if you do you get pulled over, dont try to be a dick about the ticket... try to be cool and nice and they should hopefully just give you a warning.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I vote C: none of the above. Go plateless. In my experience they won't pull you over just for the lack of plate, but they'll tack that onto whatever else they may have pulled you over for. I've had mine off for about 2 years after running with the plate and haven't had a problem.......yet :knocks on wood:

Old 06-29-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

manual or electric hideaway plate holder. electric requires an extra keyfob but you can keep that in the car.

Its the only clean way.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

I havent ran a front plate for 7 years still been lucky enough not to be ticketed.

Quick Reply: Front License Plate Help