Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

interior kits?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior kits?

ive seen alot of guys wraping thier interiors on here is there any website that sells a kit for it
Old 08-08-2010, 04:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Specialized Stainless used to, but I can't find it on their website. It wasn't the greatest way to go anyway. Mostly you have to find an adhesive that will work (there are a few that people suggest on here), whatever vinyl you like best 0it took me 9 samples to find one that had the grain and stretch), and a lot of patience - the wrapping takes a lot of time, patience and even practice.

I suppose the only other painless way would be to have a shop do it. Expect $450-$800 depending on the shop.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://store.specializedstainless.co...r+Interior+Kit

Looks like they only have tan now. The kit consisted of the "leather" and adhesive. You can check out local places like JoAnn's Fabric or something. That's usually where I buy my vinyl and everything. But, like transsam said, the adhesive it the trickiest part. It's hard to find something OTC that will withstand the temps.

Depending on the part that you'll be wrapping, you'll want to find vinyl that has stretch to it, whether it's a 2-way or 4-way or something. Prep is crucial to properly adhere the materials.

P.S. I've lurked online and have found that DAP products seem to have a fairly good reputation when it comes to contact cements. Whether it's the "Original Contact Cement" or the "Landau Top & Trim" contact cement, they both seem to rank up there. The Original can be applied with a roller, whereas the Landau is used with a spray gun and also seems to specialize in high heat application. Although, I haven't had any personal experience with either of these, it's just a friendly heads up. Another route people seem to go with are the 3M aerosol adhesives. Just depends on your budget and application method preferred.

Last edited by latindragons; 08-08-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

thanks for the advice im tryin to do the doors and all the interior panels
Old 08-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spikester7878
thanks for the advice im tryin to do the doors and all the interior panels
That's pretty much what I was planning on doing to my '95 T/A. Check out this thread...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...t-writeup.html

Probably the best example of wrapping the door panels that I've seen on here. Excellent how-to and the end result is truly impressive. Good luck if you decide to try this project. Post up project pics, too. I love seeing what people do to our interiors.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

Specialized Stainless is selling off his inventory of these kits because of the lack of intrest I think. People wanna do it but its actually pretty freaking hard IMO to wrap. I tried to Wrap some pieces and it just did not work out at all for me and looked like crap on every piece I tried to wrap.

I would love to have it done though. I think a video tutorial would help people like me a lot in wrapping panels as I get started and just eventually give up