Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

"Jake" Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
do something custom, talk to emblempros.com about making something up for you

this falls into the "SS/WS6 badge on v6" category. Edition specific badges are different than hoods/rims/stripes, in my personal opinion.
This, I've got ZR1 rims on my car, but thats because I love the look...true the Chevy Performance/Corvette Flags are on the centercaps, but that will change.

I was under the impression that it was for C6R/C5R cars/team members or C5/C6 Corvettes, I read the background before, but I don't remember.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Here is the history.
http://jalopnik.com/5249746/the-hist...racings-mascot

You have the ZR1 wheels because you like the look. I want the emblem because I like the look. I don't see what the difference is. You're not claiming to have a ZR1 Camaro, just like I'm not claiming to have a C6R Camaro. I'm not using it to replace the Z28 emblem, just accompany it.

I would be happy with something simple like these, just a little bigger.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cochran191
Here is the history.
http://jalopnik.com/5249746/the-hist...racings-mascot

You have the ZR1 wheels because you like the look. I want the emblem because I like the look. I don't see what the difference is. You're not claiming to have a ZR1 Camaro, just like I'm not claiming to have a C6R Camaro. I'm not using it to replace the Z28 emblem, just accompany it.
I knew you would say that lol...but I think emblems mean more than wheels on telling what a car is.

To me its kinda like those early-mid 90's Suburbans putting Cadillac/Escalade badges on their cars.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by happysem
I knew you would say that lol...but I think emblems mean more than wheels on telling what a car is.

To me its kinda like those early-mid 90's Suburbans putting Cadillac/Escalade badges on their cars.
^my feelings as well.

BUT, it is YOUR car, so screw what we say, and do what you want to do.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got to thinking of replacing it with a chevy bowtie:

I'm sure someone could finesse this rendering some more.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:40 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
I got to thinking of replacing it with a chevy bowtie:

I'm sure someone could finesse this rendering some more.
Great minds think alike... I was thinking bowtie OR the flag emblems USED ON 1st GEN CAMAROS...
Old 08-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
TBSS guys use jake emblems. As long as there's an lsx in the bisch, why not?
Thats what i was going to say. There are a few vendors on TBSSOwners.com that sell them.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

I found a website on TBSSOwners.com that sells them but it is down. I like the idea of the one modified with the Chevy bowtie. Or maybe we should get the community together and come up with our own F-body inspired racing logo. That or I just need to suck it up and find some way to personalize the bowtie and Z28 logo.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my hitch plug for my TBSS

Old 08-18-2010, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

That is awesome. Where did you get it from? I saw how many people with TBSS' have embraced "Jake" for their own. It's pretty cool.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cochran191
I'll call it Elwood if it matters. I never expected this kind of response. We have been interchanging parts and pieces off of f and y bodies for years, I never imagined a little emblem would cause people to freak out. I would bet about 25% of the people on here that have aftermarket rims probably have ZR1's. How many people have GS stripes (I don't care if they didn't originate with the Corvette, you still don't own a Grand Sport Camaro), or stinger hoods, or other stuff like that. I'm not trying to say I have a C6R Camaro, just that the bowtie is boring/played out and I want something new.
all people do on here is look for something to talk **** about. you cant even post up a for sale thread cause then people are telling you why are you doing this, just do that, your wasting your money. site has gone to **** cause all of the douche bags that are on here. this isnt geared to anyone in this thread its just what i have been noticing alot.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

it's just an emblem...nothing that even came stock on something else "special" or made to designate anything

for those reasons I don't think it's anything like z28 or SS on a v6

it's no worse than all the people running corvette wheels or fuel rail covers, or zo6 style fender badges...actually a little less "wrong" IMO since again...the emblems never came on a Corvette, just something used by the racing team that was later added to the ZR1 intake tube

on the other hand I would keep it subtle...little 1" emblems or decals and not in more than 2 places on the car IMO
Old 08-18-2010, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

I just want 1 emblem on the back. Haven't figured out the size yet but nothing to big.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slowlsx
all people do on here is look for something to talk **** about. you cant even post up a for sale thread cause then people are telling you why are you doing this, just do that, your wasting your money. site has gone to **** cause all of the douche bags that are on here. this isnt geared to anyone in this thread its just what i have been noticing alot.
1+! it's your own car so do whatever makes you happy. There are 5-10 people who ***** up the appearance threads. If it's not on their guidelines of what a ta or camaro should look like then it's ugly or bad to them. I personally like it and would put the Jake with the Bowtie on my car any day of the week. But I guess it's just cool to be negative about new ideas that are presented.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

this is the appearance section, 90% of the comments are based on personal preference and opinion, some threads get a general positive response, some get negative. whatever the case, everyone here has an opinion of their own, and they voice them. its like this everyday in every thread. If you can't deal with that, or don't like it, I don't know what to tell you.

just because people are against, or don't really care for something you like, does not mean you shouldn't or can't do it, its your car and you make that choice, people are simply voicing their opinions, and that's never gonna change. Get your jake emblems if you want them for your ride.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you want to get the jake skull get it! don't let other ppl make your decision.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

I wanted something different/unique for my car and I really like the "jake" logo so I thought it would be cool to replace the bowtie. But it doesn't have to be that. Anything that is different or cool would work. The "Jake" logo is just what popped into my mind first.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

I like the idea of the one modified with the Chevy bowtie. Or maybe we should get the community together and come up with our own F-body inspired racing logo.
I like the idea of the Jake emblem and replacing the bowtie with it but i think it would be cooler if we could get the community to come up with a racing logo like 6Liter said it'd be be cool to put the 1st gen flags in the skull. I support it personally.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

I rock a Jake sticker on my Z71...and personally, I don't give a damn. I'm a Corvette Racing fan and that's what it's there to proclaim.

If anyone gives you **** b/c of it, just say you're a C6.R fan and move on. It's a cool logo, so throw it on if you want.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

I still can't find an emblem place that has them. If anybody knows of one could you please post it up?

Quick Reply: "Jake" Emblems