Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Someone make a 3" COWl!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like the low wide rise of the harwood, but if you notice there is not distinct line in the center of their cowl. There is a crease on the camaro nose cone in the center that extends up into the hood lines in the center. the harwood does not have it. I think this would make it look out of place. I went with the FFI 3.5" cowl. Should have it in 3 weeks

Originally Posted by SSICK
does anybody have pics of the harwood cowl hood on a ls1 camaro?
Old 04-29-2004, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

I recently had hail damage to the hood on my 99Z. It's going into the bodyshop next week, and the harwood 3' cowl hood is going on. As soon as I get it back, I will post pics. I looked all over the net trying to find pics with the HW 98-02 hood, but coulodn't find one. I did see one at a car show, and I liked it alot. I do wish it had the crease in the middle like the carbon fiber one linked before.
KevinD
Old 04-30-2004, 03:57 AM
TECH Regular

U guys should check out harwood they make a 3' inch cowl hood that is rounded I have one on my camaro and it looks great. I also would like to say that VFN hoods are CRAP they have little pin holes that have to be fixed before painting and they are extremely thin I ordered one before I got the harwood and I sent it back
Old 04-30-2004, 06:39 AM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Cokeroker
i like the low wide rise of the harwood, but if you notice there is not distinct line in the center of their cowl. There is a crease on the camaro nose cone in the center that extends up into the hood lines in the center. the harwood does not have it. I think this would make it look out of place. I went with the FFI 3.5" cowl. Should have it in 3 weeks
I have the same hood. The only thing I didn't like about it was a brace that crossed the cowl area. I had the shop that did my paint work cut it out after some discussion about whether or not the hood really needed the extra support.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

so in general would you say you like the hood? did it fit good? quality? i already ordered mine.

I think your hood looks kick *** by the way. I have your rims as well looks like, so I am going to be the Arctic White version of you...

Originally Posted by ZipZ28
I have the same hood. The only thing I didn't like about it was a brace that crossed the cowl area. I had the shop that did my paint work cut it out after some discussion about whether or not the hood really needed the extra support.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

so in general would you say you like the hood? did it fit good? quality? i already ordered mine.

I think your hood looks kick *** by the way. I have your rims as well looks like, so I am going to be the Arctic White version of you...
In the words of the body shop owner re: the fit "I'd give it an 8 out of 10". On the passenger side the gap is about 1/16" or so wider than the drivers side, but everything else fit and lined up quite well. It took some extra sanding on the gel coat on top of the cowl to get some "waves" out, but the rest of the surface wasn't bad at all IMO. The only thing I didn't like was the extra bracing (underhood) that crossed under the cowl area, but after talking to the owner of the body shop I used, he agreed it wasn't necessary so I had him cut it out.

Hope you like yours as much as I do mine!
Old 04-30-2004, 11:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

sent u a pm bhz28
Old 04-30-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

i see in your pics that you have your old emblems shaved and the bumbder guard thiings that go down the side of the car. was this easy to remove? if so, did youdo it or did the body shop? did you need to paint underneath it once you peeled it off?

Originally Posted by ZipZ28
In the words of the body shop owner re: the fit "I'd give it an 8 out of 10". On the passenger side the gap is about 1/16" or so wider than the drivers side, but everything else fit and lined up quite well. It took some extra sanding on the gel coat on top of the cowl to get some "waves" out, but the rest of the surface wasn't bad at all IMO. The only thing I didn't like was the extra bracing (underhood) that crossed under the cowl area, but after talking to the owner of the body shop I used, he agreed it wasn't necessary so I had him cut it out.

Hope you like yours as much as I do mine!
Old 05-01-2004, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

i see in your pics that you have your old emblems shaved and the bumbder guard thiings that go down the side of the car. was this easy to remove? if so, did youdo it or did the body shop? did you need to paint underneath it once you peeled it off?
I sent you a PM so we don't hijack the thread
Old 06-06-2004, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vfntech
here are some pictures created using our photoshop it will give you guys an idea of what direction we are taking with this, dont worry this is not the final Draft before production we are at the early stages of this project and can still make changes, the back angle of the hood will probably change to follow the angle of the windshield ,the top will probably not become as flat as it appears in the pics . if you guys have any suggestions at this time we will consider them,Thanks
http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/tempcamaro1.jpg
http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/tempcamaro3.jpg
3ts
I was curious where this is going, or has it stalled?
Update?
Dave

Quick Reply: Someone make a 3" COWl!