Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

ZO6 emblems on a Z28???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 03:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the Z06 style emblem and am going to get a set for mine.

Don't worry about what everyone else likes. It's your car and do what you want. I've noticed there's a lot of people on the net who think if your car doesn't look exactly like their car it's not cool.

Just my .02
Old 01-30-2004, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Raptor99
I think they look pretty good.

You don't by any chance think putting 69 Z/28 badges on is do you?
No I don't. But these are basically replica's of the Z06 badge. Did I say they look bad? no. Does it look stupid to put a badge that at first glance looks like you robbed it off of a totally different car? yes.

Old 01-30-2004, 03:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by minivette
No I don't. But these are basically replica's of the Z06 badge. Did I say they look bad? no. Does it look stupid to put a badge that at first glance looks like you robbed it off of a totally different car? yes.

Ok, I really didn't think you'd need to roll your eyes at me, but whatever.

BUT, based on your logic, "is it stupid for GM to put an engine in the F-Body like they robbed it out of a Vette?"

Same difference. It was the Corvette engine, but we have it.

Also, what about those rims on your car? Do they belong there? What about you calling your car a "mini" Vette?

So you're saying it's ok to borrow all that stuff, but you can't even use a DESIGN of an emblum?
Old 01-30-2004, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I really didn't think you'd need to roll your eyes at me, but whatever.

BUT, based on your logic, "is it stupid for GM to put an engine in the F-Body like they robbed it out of a Vette?"

Same difference. It was the Corvette engine, but we have it.

Also, what about those rims on your car? Do they belong there? What about you calling your car a "mini" Vette?

So you're saying it's ok to borrow all that stuff, but you can't even use a DESIGN of an emblum?

WTF?!? we are talking about an emblem. jeez... Pick a topic and stick with it.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:24 PM
11 Second Club

I know we're talking about an emblem. But the same logic you use on saying it's gay, is the same logic that would say everything about your car is gay.

Ever think that maybe your wrong about the emblem?

It's ok, I forgive you
Old 01-30-2004, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

enough of if its gay or not if anyone in here dosen't like the emblem and gonna sit in here and talk smack about how YOU THINK ITS RICE or THATS GAY then you should hit the back curser and go to another thread i personally like these and instead of reading through a bunch of childish bull **** i want to get these made. so whos got the info on these?
Old 01-30-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess all 69 of the 02 ZL1 Camaros are Gay for having Z06 Look alike emblems on them too.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Cool Hey guys!

First post in this forum! Ian told me some of you were looking for the Z28 (Z06) style emblems.

I recently purchased a set for my 1994 Z/28 and really like them. They're great quality.

My attitude toward things like this are always to not be a poser, but customization is what the hobby is about...be it appearance or performance mods...it's about making the car your own.

I had something to do with these emblems...albeit, not intentionally. I've been lobbying GM to build a "real" Z/28 again when the 5th gen comes back....all in the same vein as the Z06 is to the Corvette. I'm happy to report that I feel like I've made great strides. The image Ian first posted was for a t-shirt that I made for a private meeting I had with Scott Settlemire last fall in Bowling Green.

I heard , through my gang over at the 5th gen board on CamaroZ28.com that these emblems had actually been produced and was contacted by Greg (from Mastach.com in Poland) to buy a set.

I feel like that with the mods I've done to my car it's "The closest thing to a Corvette" (to steal an old Chevy advertising slogan for the Z/28).

Here's a few pics of the emblems on my car......along with my mod list.

http://www.hardenmotorsports.com/images/embl1.jpg
http://www.hardenmotorsports.com/images/embl2.jpg
http://www.hardenmotorsports.com/images/embl3.jpg

1994 Z28; MN6; 3:42 posi; all options;DAD Seats; 383 cu. in; LT4 C&C + hand finished ported heads w/ 2.02I & 1.96E valves & intake; Callies crank & rods; SRP 12:1 forged pistons; splayed 4 bolt mains; custom MM cam; Comp Cams Pro Magnum 1.6 roller rockers & double springs w/ Titanium retainers; 30# SVO injectors; MAC headers & y-pipe; icat; Borla; K&N FIPK; 58mm Holley TB; TunerCat; U.D. pulleys; 160 t-stat; LT4 KM; Accel wires; AFPR; Walboro 255gph fuel pump; Centerforce clutch; B&M Ripper; BMR LCA & STB; Hotchkis PR; KBDDSFC; D.A. Koni's; Kenny Brown springs; BAER Pro+ Race brakes; Hawk Blue 9012 pads; LS1 rear brakes; 17"x9" Fittipaldi Tubolares (street) 17"x9" 10 spoke SS wheels (race); Wings West G.E.w/ S.S.; Goodyear F1 GS-D3 275/40/17's; ASCD SS hood; ES poly bushings; Harden Motorsports Harness Bar; RJS Harnesses; 396 Rwhp 395 RwTQ.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know we're talking about an emblem. But the same logic you use on saying it's gay, is the same logic that would say everything about your car is gay.

Ever think that maybe your wrong about the emblem?

It's ok, I forgive you
It's not the same logic, but I guess you are too hard headed to see that. I'm not wrong, Raptor Ricer.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

"Does it look stupid to put rims on a car that at first glance looks like you robbed it off of a totally different car? yes."

You have Z06 rims on your car jackass, is an emblem that says Z28 any different?
Old 01-30-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002 SS
"Does it look stupid to put rims on a car that at first glance looks like you robbed it off of a totally different car? yes."

You have Z06 rims on your car jackass, is an emblem that says Z28 any different?

I'm a jackass cause I have Z06 rims on my car? ok, there Einstein... I am not trying to "badge" my car after something else. The "badge" is what we are talking about here. Get your heads out of your candy asses and realize what I am talking about. If you don't see it, please feel free to rice your **** of a car out and be laughed at behind your back. I don't have time for these rediculous pointless arguments and I am leaving this one here, as it sits.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok minivette and raptor99 lets just both agree to disagree. minivette doesnt like them and raptor99 does so leave it at that. No need to be argumentative over something silly. Please stop the verbal attacks or the mods may be forced to take action.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Just so no one thinks just because I have the badges I'm some sort of ricer....I drive my car...hard! Show cars are for girls....

Old 01-31-2004, 02:46 PM
TECH Resident

I dunno I still don't think they're rice. They Say Z28 but in the style of the Z06. Now if they were the Z06 then it would be a little lame, or if you put them on a v6 that would be lame but I think it's cool and am getting me a set.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks better then the plastic lettering stuff on them now. Kinda like this one as a replacement for the new badge on the nose now. May just order it
Old 02-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OrigZ
Just so no one thinks just because I have the badges I'm some sort of ricer....I drive my car...hard! Show cars are for girls....

Sorry brotha, but I speak my mind...
Old 02-01-2004, 07:55 PM
RJF
TECH Fanatic

sorry got to speak the truth
Originally Posted by OrigZ

Old 02-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Launching!

RJF and Unit213?? come on guys there is nothing wrong with that Camaro. For being an LT1 body style I think its good lookin. I've never liked the look of the LT1 camaros, but thats kinda nice lookin with that hood and the gfx. My thing is the rims. I've never been a big fan of those rims, but they do look good though. Give the guy some credit.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
I like the Z28 badge, but I think it'd be better if it said 310hp
You're thinking in the wrong direction. Get the badges, then make it true!
Old 02-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Teching In

**EDIT**

No need for this stuff here...(sorry moderator)....I should have known better than to post here amongst the "show car queens"

Last edited by OrigZ; 02-02-2004 at 06:12 AM.

Quick Reply: ZO6 emblems on a Z28???