Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

best part of having an ls1...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
In my opinion the one in the door is not a cup holder. There is no base to it for stability, which all cupholders need. And with the countless number of Firebirds I've done, I also can't count the number of dried spills in the doors. At BEST its a terrible holder.
It's not like ANY of the cup holders have ANY stability! I've had bottles and cans (unopened) fall out of all the cup holders except the door one. Would make a HELL of a mess to slam a door closed with an open coke can in it. The door one holds a fast-food cup nicely! And the pull-out one drops every bottle i put in it and lets cans tilt to spilling. I only drink bottle drinks in my car so I can close em up.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The swing out one by hvac has been great to me, I driven on crappiest roads with open soda cans and nothing really happened.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only the GF/mom/dad rides in my car.. I don't like people riding in it because they don't respect it.

I drive my car about 1-2 times/week and when I do the middle cup holder doubles as a cell phone holder. No drink/food in mine.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't usually have too many drinks in the Camaro, but my Silverado has three in the console and I LOVE it

Holds my phone, a drink, and my ipod woohoo!

Or maybe I can be really thirsty and get three drinks, I dunno
Old 10-19-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gaunt's_Girl
I don't usually have too many drinks in the Camaro, but my Silverado has three in the console and I LOVE it
See how those cup holders have the foam rubber bits to steady your cup? Sux that our F-Body cars don't. I plan to get one of the rubber cup-holder inserts from a Trailblazer and re-make the console cup holder on my T/A to fit that thing. I loved that cup holder in my Trailblazer! Held anything quite firm! Only problem was it held bottles so firm, I threw it out by accident one day. So on my T/A I'm gonna figure out a way to secure it MUCH better...velcro or a plastic push plug or something!

Here's a pic:

In fact I JUST bought this one on ebay for $16.50 free shipping...and ANOTHER project begins!

Last edited by Swiat34; 10-19-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:18 AM
TECH Junkie

I hate you all, i have 1 holder and it can't even hold my damn cell phone...
Old 10-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Swiat34
See how those cup holders have the foam rubber bits to steady your cup? Sux that our F-Body cars don't. I plan to get one of the rubber cup-holder inserts from a Trailblazer and re-make the console cup holder on my T/A to fit that thing. I loved that cup holder in my Trailblazer! Held anything quite firm! Only problem was it held bottles so firm, I threw it out by accident one day. So on my T/A I'm gonna figure out a way to secure it MUCH better...velcro or a plastic push plug or something!
Oh yes, I definitely know what you mean. I can take a turn at 30 if I wanted and that cup wouldn't move It would be nice if the Fbodies had them Good luck with the project, let me know how it goes!

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Haters gonna hate.

Your car is too clean to have drinks in it anyways
Old 10-20-2010, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

I am just sitting back and laughing at this thread.... It seriously is about cup holders and I am surprised how many comments have been made. Its so trivial! Love it. The only "cup holder" that I use is the center console one for the cell phone.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Regular

its insanely easy to switch out the center console i just did it to my formy. love it
Old 10-20-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Gaunt's_Girl

Haters gonna hate.

Your car is too clean to have drinks in it anyways
Im hating/10 lol

It might be clean but sometimes on hot sunny FL days I want a refreshing beverage to quench my thirst

Originally Posted by spikester7878
its insanely easy to switch out the center console i just did it to my formy. love it
If I changed consoles to the 98+ I would have a gap between the dash and it. Camaros used different style dash, unlike Trans Ams have the same style.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I only use the swing-out cup holder in the center console. The cupholder in the middle of the console is completely useless with a manual transmission.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have food/drinks in my car frequently, and I'm willing to bet my interior is as clean as anyone's on here. Do you guys have parkinsons or something? lol it's not very difficult to avoid spills.

I'm glad that my car at least has one decent cupholder (the pull-out one). My other two cars (3rd gen Camaro and an S10) don't have any, which sucks sometimes.

Originally Posted by skorpion317
I only use the swing-out cup holder in the center console. The cupholder in the middle of the console is completely useless with a manual transmission.
I wouldn't say useless, but it's definitely uncomfortable. You just have to angle your arm weird and bend your wrist a lot, lol
Old 10-21-2010, 07:20 AM
TECH Regular

Im hating/10 lol

It might be clean but sometimes on hot sunny FL days I want a refreshing beverage to quench my thirst

If I changed consoles to the 98+ I would have a gap between the dash and it. Camaros used different style dash, unlike Trans Ams have the same style.
yea i forgot about that my bad man
Old 10-21-2010, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SKZ28
I have food/drinks in my car frequently, and I'm willing to bet my interior is as clean as anyone's on here. Do you guys have Parkinson's or something? lol it's not very difficult to avoid spills.
HAHAHAHA That is the perfect response. I am right with you on that one. Thank you for stating the obvious in a comical way!
Old 10-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Launching!

yea, i use both cupholders in my 01. Usually only have cans in the one behind the ashtray, and bottles with lids in the swing out. The swing out does have VERY LITTLE foam inserts. Their small, but their there.

My daughter's car seat has a cupholder attached to it, and I have a seat protector to keep her from destroying the back seat.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
1 is by the glove box (it pulls out), 1 at the front of the console, 2 at the back of the console
Went and checked last night...Yup..I never knew this. And I've had the car for almost 3 years now.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KevinR
Went and checked last night...Yup..I never knew this. And I've had the car for almost 3 years now.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KevinR
Wow...I cleaned mine the first day I got it and realized it was there. They should have done something like that in the 3rd gens
Old 10-21-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone else as SUPER frustrated as I am that the swing-out cup holder rattles like mad when folded in? MFer is driving me nuts! I'm gonna add a piece of stick-on foam to the underside where the wire folds up to stop it. But still that damn thing is annoying. Took me a month to find out it was that! Took the WHOLE console apart, messed with the shift indicator and a BUNCH of other ****. Turns out its the damn useless cup holder. SMH
Old 10-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Swiat34
Anyone else as SUPER frustrated as I am that the swing-out cup holder rattles like mad when folded in? MFer is driving me nuts! I'm gonna add a piece of stick-on foam to the underside where the wire folds up to stop it. But still that damn thing is annoying. Took me a month to find out it was that! Took the WHOLE console apart, messed with the shift indicator and a BUNCH of other ****. Turns out its the damn useless cup holder. SMH
I can't say I have this issue...yet

Lol you go through a lot with your car for damn cup-holders, jeez!