Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Stuck trying to remove antenna???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 03:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stuck trying to remove antenna???

I've never been able to do even the simplest task on this car as of yet... it's not mine it's my girlfriend's and I cannot remove this blasted antenna. We took her car through a car wash and the antenna broke because the radio was still on... whoops. In any case I am trying to remove it and the step between loosening the top where it is on the outside of the car and I already removed the bolt holding the base of the motor... it just wants to hang in there... What am I missing. The mast cannot go all the way down as it was bent and bent back straight but will not retract all the way.

It will wiggle like crazy but I don't want to hurt anything any further because I have a knack for doing that.... (ls6 intake I think I busted everything I possibly could have in the way). Please send me some advice, I'm drowning here in my own incompetence. The dummied down version is fine as I am a wreck over this and feel like taking freaking snips to it. Thanks tech!
Old 10-23-2010, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

The nylong is showing and the power antenna metal portion of the physical antenna outside of the car will not go down through the gate no matter how I crimp it. How the hell do I remove the mast from the motor itself? This is driving me nuts.....
Old 10-23-2010, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

they are in there very tight. pull hard
Old 10-23-2010, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

My girlfriend was able to unscrew the tip that I was unable to. Luckily I patiently waited and didn't just cut it off. The sheath of the antenna (I guess if I had to name it or the mast is a good name) is what was busted. The rest works. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Stuck trying to remove antenna???