they are nice looking seats but would like to see pics before investing
Old 10-30-2010, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here ya go. 6L leather seats.

Old 10-30-2010, 03:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

do you have the full ebony dash and all? or just the center console? that looks good, but i'm not sure if i'll like it with out the ebony dash/console as well.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my car is full ebony interior.My flash washes out the color a bit. The seats are black.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's when my interior was still 1998 factory grey...

Looked fine since the steering wheel is black, shifter, etc...

Of course, I eventually did ebony swap (because my interior needed it, it was old) and red houndstooth inserts with my logo and seatbelt guides...

Old 10-30-2010, 10:32 PM
12 Second Club

seats look great. this is on my list of things to purchase
Old 10-30-2010, 10:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
seats look great. this is on my list of things to purchase
same here... sucks being broke
Old 10-30-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, similar story here - except I need a Camaro to put them in

Is it a bad thing I have a list a mile long of what I want to do to the Camaro before I even have one I can do it to?
Old 10-30-2010, 10:59 PM
TECH Veteran

^hell, i didn't just have a list, i had actually started buying stuff for a car i didnt even have, but was planning to get . i had a cme valence and a custom gauge overlay sitting around for months waiting to go on the camaro i planned to eventually get. plans changed, ended up selling that stuff, but now i've got a camaro roller as a project car, so i have a whole new list now . and its quite long.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you loose the power seat with these? Thanks
Old 10-31-2010, 11:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kicksZ28
Do you loose the power seat with these? Thanks
There is a write-up in the forums on my website on how to mount them on factory rails if you choose to...
Old 11-01-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awsome looking seats I'm very close of pulling the trigger. I have a few questions for people who have them?

1. How would u compare the fake leather to the real leather it's a $150 swing and how is the wear on these seats? I know fbody's come with fake leather I just wanted to ask opinions????.

2. I plan on using the seat tracks the aftermarket seats come with cause I've heard it's a direct bolt on. I guess the only reason to take apart your oem seats if you were to use your tracks to have power seats. Is this correct? I also hear you sit higher if u use your own rails from your fbody?? I just do not want to take my oem seats apart.

3. Also I have heard to order the $ 150-175 brackets for both seats to install your seat rails and seat. I've read it makes life alot easier Is this correct???

Any input would be great and how would you rate the quality of the 6LE seats. I've pmed a few people and have heard different opinions?? So please don't be shy to leave us all input on the seats on the install, quality, and what u think of these seats
Old 11-01-2010, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by naperws6
Awsome looking seats I'm very close of pulling the trigger. I have a few questions for people who have them?

1. How would u compare the fake leather to the real leather it's a $150 swing and how is the wear on these seats? I know fbody's come with fake leather I just wanted to ask opinions????.

Marks 6liters seats are about 3 years old and looked great when I saw them last year.

2. I plan on using the seat tracks the aftermarket seats come with cause I've heard it's a direct bolt on. I guess the only reason to take apart your oem seats if you were to use your tracks to have power seats. Is this correct? I also hear you sit higher if u use your own rails from your fbody?? I just do not want to take my oem seats apart.

Dont use the stock seat rails. too much of a PITA to modify.

3. Also I have heard to order the $ 150-175 brackets for both seats to install your seat rails and seat. I've read it makes life alot easier Is this correct???

They are very install. We hjad 2 access holes water jetted to get to the bolts much easier.

Any input would be great and how would you rate the quality of the 6LE seats. I've pmed a few people and have heard different opinions?? So please don't be shy to leave us all input on the seats on the install, quality, and what u think of these seats
These seats will sit lower than stock and you can adjust up with washers.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ssteven@6LE
These seats will sit lower than stock and you can adjust up with washers.
I pm'ed you yesterday and your info was really helpfull. Thanks
Old 11-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Launching!

Hey 6LE...
By far your seats are the best priced and look slick, and I'm a very budget friendly person setting my car up for autox. I've finished my first year autoxing and the biggest creature comfort thing I need is a seat and belt bar to hold me in real tight. I'm tired of bruising my knees from trying to keep my butt from sliding around! I'm 6' 230lbs with a 38" waist. Would you anticipate me being comfortable driving around in these seats while still be locked down and not sliding all over the place? Also, what color/fabric would you recommend on a NBM TA with Ebony interior? Black Racing Style Cloth? Hows the wear resistance for it being cloth? I'm not sure what racing style cloth is...but if it was a black jean type material, that would rock. My other options are used EVO's or Corbeau's...but I'm looking at twice the cost opposed to your setup. The cool thing is the sooner I get seats in mine, the sooner I can get my stock leather seats into my aunts 95 bird...I'm pulling for nephew of the year..haha

I figure I could get your seats, seat brackets, your harness bar, and a 4 point harness for under $1k
Old 11-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Banned

1) Not a huge difference between the fake and synthetic in my opinion. Extra money better spent on the brackets...

2) Correct. No reason to take apart stockers if you use my seats and brackets. If you do use stock rails you will sit higher...

3) Correct. All bolt in with our brackets. No fabbing of your own...
Old 11-02-2010, 01:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98_TA_EMLC
Hey 6LE...
By far your seats are the best priced and look slick, and I'm a very budget friendly person setting my car up for autox. I've finished my first year autoxing and the biggest creature comfort thing I need is a seat and belt bar to hold me in real tight. I'm tired of bruising my knees from trying to keep my butt from sliding around! I'm 6' 230lbs with a 38" waist. Would you anticipate me being comfortable driving around in these seats while still be locked down and not sliding all over the place? Also, what color/fabric would you recommend on a NBM TA with Ebony interior? Black Racing Style Cloth? Hows the wear resistance for it being cloth? I'm not sure what racing style cloth is...but if it was a black jean type material, that would rock. My other options are used EVO's or Corbeau's...but I'm looking at twice the cost opposed to your setup. The cool thing is the sooner I get seats in mine, the sooner I can get my stock leather seats into my aunts 95 bird...I'm pulling for nephew of the year..haha

I figure I could get your seats, seat brackets, your harness bar, and a 4 point harness for under $1k
It would be close but at 38" waist you'll be fine. The seat brackets will help with your height as without them you're sitting on a more cushioned seat than factory, therefore higher.

I personally would still recommend the synthetic over the cloth to match the interior but cloth is in stock (syn is back ordered until Dec.) so...
Old 11-02-2010, 04:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I know fbody's come with fake leather
Let me fully correct you here. If a company says they are leather seats, then they are real leather. Period. What they won't tell you is that the sides and back will be made of synthetic material and the quality of the actual leather may be shitty at best. That doesn't mean its not real and from a cow though. Actually, there likely isn't many car makers at all who make sides and backs of real leather bc frankly its kind of a waste of money/material since you never actually touch these areas.

Quick Reply: 6litereater seats