Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Leather Repair?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather Repair?

Anyone ever dealt with leather repair on our cars? I have ebony leather in mine and a small tear started in the drivers seat a few months ago and it has gotten to be about 2 inches long now. Anyone ever dealt with a repair kit and what could be closest to the ebony color? I might just get my friends dad to redo my seats....black and red sounds good
Old 10-30-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

The tear can be repaired . If the rest of the seat is in relatively good condition and you didnt wanna spend the cash to recover everything , I think id be worth repairing . A guy talented in his trade could repair that and you'd never know anything was there . The tear is bonded with a flexible media , sanded smooth and then the work area is re-tanned with dye and sealed . A good guy will be able to spot on match the ebony , as they have to mix the dye to match . Again a good guy will beable to recreate the proper "sierra" leather grain pattern the 97-02 Camaros use so the repair blends correctly .
Old 10-30-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some guy posted a how-to on this a few weeks ago. But he's kind of a dumbass, so I don't know how much I would listen to him.

Here is the link.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh sweet dude! That looks pretty detailed and looks like it worked great! I'm gonna talk to my dad's friend who does interiors on the side, he will probably just charge me the price of material and have me help him with it. Black leather with red inserts sounds good

Quick Reply: Leather Repair?