Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

ASR switch spring?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASR switch spring?

So I swapped out the fog/ASR switch lights for LEDs, which by the way was a PITA. Well now, my ASR switch behaves like my fog light switch in that it doesn't spring back.

If you turn the fog lights on, the switch stays in the "on" position whereas the ASR switch springs back to the original position. Am I making sense?

If I am making sense, is there supposed to be some spring or something that I didn't notice when I took the switch apart? Am I not orienting the copper pin correctly somehow?

....does anybody know what i'm talking about? Search came up with nothing, and I figure I was more careful than the average bear. I dont think i lost anything but am lost at this point.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you have simply switched the bottom half when you assembled it. Switch them one more time and they should start behaving properly......

There is just a little bar that takes care of the switching abilities. There is no spring in it at all.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DaRReLL
I think you have simply switched the bottom half when you assembled it. Switch them one more time and they should start behaving properly......

There is just a little bar that takes care of the switching abilities. There is no spring in it at all.
Wow. Thank you. I feel like an IDIOT! i put it in the correct way before and thought theres no freaking way it would work like that, that makes no sense.