Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like crap
Old 12-11-2010, 06:50 AM
Captain Double Post

^ I don't know what was going threw this guys head when he was doing this, I wouldn't go this route man,it looks gay and very ricer,spend your time on powder coating,polishing,and you want to hide all the wires not high lite them is bright red crap,stop thinking ricer,this looks far from show car to me,
Old 12-11-2010, 06:54 AM
Captain Double Post

take your pick
Old 12-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Captain Double Post

I'm not trying to bash on you man,there are a lot of things you can do to make under the hood look sweet,a strut tower brace,polished or coated tb and intake,I know I polished my brake lines and box,a fast intake always looks sweet on there,polished fuel rails,I was even gonna get a set of polished valve covers off ebay that look like the ones above for 160 bucks,I plan to remove the ac,relocate the traction control thingy (forgot what its called) and relocate the coil packs,less is more,this guys ta was in gmhtp for a reason ,you start going with a lot of red it just looks bad,this is a pretty tough crowd and tells it how it is,I'm not crazy about the fuel rail covers or painted intake but even this one looks way better than wire loom everywhere
Old 12-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Captain Double Post

The valve covers I'm talking about about are on the 2nd pic,
Old 12-12-2010, 12:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT4vert
How about just a simple red coil pack covers like the LS6's had , and red spark plug wires . The red conveluted tubing would look horrible...jus sayin .
where can i get a red coil pack
Old 12-12-2010, 05:57 AM
Captain Double Post

You can take your coil pack off and paint it if you wanted to,the best way to do it would be go with powdercoating,I like polished crap and it looks great,but its hard to keep looking good,I'm in the process of looking for a clearcoat that won't yellow from the heat and keep the polished parts looking nice,you can polish ,paint,powdercoat almost everything under the hood,you could also get a red head plate,those look nice also,why don't you post some pics of your engine and we can suggest a few things,and a few of the car,we are here to help ya man,trust me if ya ever need a hand working on your ride there is always someone on here that might live around you to help ya out,that's what we are all here for,we all have the same goals,and dreams,(to get on the street and destroy everything lol)
Old 12-12-2010, 07:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
You can take your coil pack off and paint it if you wanted to,the best way to do it would be go with powdercoating,I like polished crap and it looks great,but its hard to keep looking good,I'm in the process of looking for a clearcoat that won't yellow from the heat and keep the polished parts looking nice,you can polish ,paint,powdercoat almost everything under the hood,you could also get a red head plate,those look nice also,why don't you post some pics of your engine and we can suggest a few things,and a few of the car,we are here to help ya man,trust me if ya ever need a hand working on your ride there is always someone on here that might live around you to help ya out,that's what we are all here for,we all have the same goals,and dreams,(to get on the street and destroy everything lol)
Just go here its my car and you can give me opinions and suggestions
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...l#post14226717
Old 12-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Captain Double Post

On the 2nd pic I think that guy made those covers,I plan to make my covers I just haven't looked for a write up on anyone that has made them,your car is nice though,can't go wrong with a black ss,

Quick Reply: Plastic Covers?????????