Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Maroon & White T/A Scheme?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 09:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it's tastefully done and not done like a themed up donk on 30s it should look pretty good. seems like a really good color combo. how about the tamu logo stitched in the headrests or either find someone to combine that logo along with the bird or ws6 logo.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2nd pick ftw
Old 01-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Fb0dy0nly
That red is too pinkish to me and I would think a girl drove that bird
i understand where you're coming from here. i think that's just a testament to my uber amateur photoshop skills. i never could quite reach the right shade. i think with a more true-to-life "maroon" the car would look a bit meaner.

at least that's what i'd hope
Old 01-16-2011, 11:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I think Red anodized wheels with the red/maroon stripe would look killer IMO. I've always loved the 30th cars, so I think stepping somewhat out of the box and doing a red/maroon version would look great.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

the red lip wheels would look ten time better than the red wheels, also i like the second stripe just my .02
Old 01-16-2011, 12:48 PM
TECH Addict

I like the red wheels opposed to grey with a lip, maybe even try chrome with a red lip? I think the reason why the blue 30th wheels are pulled off so nice is b/c they blend in more and almost look like chrome. And if it were my car I would loose the red accents on the front of the car and do wheels, badges, and stripes. Just seems like theres too much going on with an already busy car. But its your car so whatever you think is best, and I give you credit for doing something different!
Old 01-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
maybe even try chrome with a red lip? I think the reason why the blue 30th wheels are pulled off so nice is b/c they blend in more and almost look like chrome.
excellent point. i was actually just thinking of chrome with a maroon lip. i'll see what i can do.

here's a wheel & stripe match i just finished. i'll make another one for the other pair when i get a chance.

any opinions on things to add/remove?
Attached Thumbnails Maroon & White T/A Scheme?-texas-m-30th-full-.jpg  
Old 01-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Launching!

that looks great, i definitely like the first one too, more maroon will be perfect I think. I like the color in the above picture posted. Ive looked up your school, not sure how I would do the headrests, might look too busy if the ATM is laid on top of the bird. You could do texas ATM on the top in a arch shape then on the bottom 30th anniversary ta, then have the bird in the middle.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by joe77
that looks great, i definitely like the first one too, more maroon will be perfect I think. I like the color in the above picture posted. Ive looked up your school, not sure how I would do the headrests, might look too busy if the ATM is laid on top of the bird. You could do texas ATM on the top in a arch shape then on the bottom 30th anniversary ta, then have the bird in the middle.
i REALLY like that idea. i'll see if i can't use Illustrator to come up with a solid looking logo. thanks for the idea.

here's something i found in another thread that is almost EXACTLY what i'd like to do with the interior (assuming i don't use white like an original 30th).

Originally Posted by LT4vert
I dont have any actual pics , but I photoshopped a ebony TA interior, and 2-toned it like Chevy did in the Vette with the outer bolsters being red instead of the inserts .

also, any votes on using tri-tone CETA door/rear panel feather stripes on the sides? too busy?
Old 01-16-2011, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

the first one looks good.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Dont like the maroon
Old 01-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Davey G
Dont like the maroon
thanks for the input. any particular part of the scheme, or just "maroon" in general?

here's another 'shop done with the stripes reversed. i might actually like this one better...
Attached Thumbnails Maroon & White T/A Scheme?-texas-m-30th-full-ii.jpg  
Old 01-16-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Regular

i think with the stripes reversed the wheels look out of place they look really good with the first stripes
Old 01-16-2011, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=99superhawk;14365676]: I never plan on letting it go, so selling it as such is not an option for me.QUOTE]

Ahhhh, what a unmarried man say's and feels

We ALL said that before being married bro. Then the dredded (yes I said DREDDED) day comes and the dragon beast,errrr.. I mean WIFE tells you she wants a house OR a big wedding. Then you are left crying in the middle of the road as you watch "the car you never were going to sell" drive off with a new owner as he flashes the converter, or winds out a gear as he leaves the house. Forever crushing your thoughts/dreams/pride. And forever giving you horrifying thoughts when you think back about your wife and your marriage.

lol
Old 01-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FreakishSpeed

Ahhhh, what a unmarried man say's and feels

We ALL said that before being married bro. Then the dredded (yes I said DREDDED) day comes and the dragon beast,errrr.. I mean WIFE tells you she wants a house OR a big wedding. Then you are left crying in the middle of the road as you watch "the car you never were going to sell" drive off with a new owner as he flashes the converter, or winds out a gear as he leaves the house. Forever crushing your thoughts/dreams/pride. And forever giving you horrifying thoughts when you think back about your wife and your marriage.

lol
hahahaha!!1 i'll keep my naivety while i can. if the succubus wants all those nice things, she can start selling sammiches out of the kitchen

to help keep this thread from going WAAAYYY off topic (though i love nothing more than going on about jokes like this), does anyone have any thoughts on using custom 30th Anniversary badges? wrong?

thanks for all the help so far, y'all
Old 01-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Launching!

yah I prefer the stripes the way you had them, dont like them reversed as much, I have to agree with spikester wheels look out of place then. Id contact emblempro and see if they could do the 30th anniversary edition emblem but in the maroon colour.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Old 01-16-2011, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99superhawk
thanks for the input. any particular part of the scheme, or just "maroon" in general?

here's another 'shop done with the stripes reversed. i might actually like this one better...
This really looks great! Personally I'd probably minimize the interior accents, but I really like what you are thinking about for the exterior. By the way, your Photoshop skill are outstanding! I am jealous.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99superhawk
i REALLY like that idea. i'll see if i can't use Illustrator to come up with a solid looking logo. thanks for the idea.
yea.....
Old 01-16-2011, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the first one, go for it.

Quick Reply: Maroon & White T/A Scheme?