Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Showroom FX......what a crap website......

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 01:08 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Showroom FX......what a crap website......

Anyone know first of all if their Polish or Paint Sealant is good stuff....if its as bad as their website, probably not. I'm looking to try another product........

I click on "Exterior Products" and there's pages and pages of the same damn thing.....I can't find any polish...except one thats used with orbital buffers.

Can someone tell me what polish they have that goes on easy by hand.....and comes off even easier.................

Thanks.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Their products are really good. The best I have used in 3 years (been stationed in Italy). I know that they just changed the website over from Tropicare. Give them some time or just a call and they will hook you up
Old 02-11-2011, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the polish and wax are good products. The change from Tropicare was done a couple years ago. I was a dealer for Steve for 5 years. I have slowed down my detail business and no longer sell any products. Just not enough money to be made with the products. He was going to get out of the "product" business also, but got a second wind and is continuing. The polish is now called Blazin Maize. After the name change, I still sold it as "polish". Just too confusing. It can be used by hand or machine without any problems. Super nice guy and ships fast.
http://www.showroomfx.com/Blazin_Mai...x_p/sfx-03.htm

Last edited by 99zee; 02-11-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Alright, thanks.....I picked up some of that new Mequiars Ultimate today.......gonna give it a shot.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems that the problem is not with the site but with you. I checked the website and everything was categorized well with detailed product descriptions. The abrasives were described in detail to note what grit it can remove, (1500, 2000, 2500). Here is an example:

"Showroom FX Swirl Eliminator is a mild micro-abrasive finishing polish product designed to remove ultra-fine scratches and lines as light as 2500 grit and finer. These shallow and tightly clustered fine lines which appear as holograms make clear coats appear dull while diminishing the overall appearance of the vehicle. They are usually inflicted by the use of high speed circular polishers or poor washing/drying practices.

Its creamy composition gently levels the edges of these fine scratches until they are no longer visible. It is excellent for use to safely and effectively remove these blemishes after high speed rotary polishing. We recommend using this product with either the white or gray Lake Country Mfg. CCS foam buffing pads. After use of this product, it is recommended to apply a protective product such as the Showroom FX SFX-03 yellow Synthetic Wax or SFX-02 Liquid Carnauba Wax. 32 ounce size."

If you are looking for something to apply by hand, I would jus' pick up something at the local Autozone. Most of the products sold on ShowroomFx is to be used with a machine.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

SHOWROOM FX IS AMAZING!! if you have problems ordering, call up steve. I can't even begin to tell you how much time he has invested w/ me, teaching me about detailing.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would just buy some Zaino and forget about it!!!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Hate to be an ***, but putting on polish by hand really does nothing. You need some friction and pressure from a orbital or DA to break down the polish and "cut" the clear coat.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cheetoh
I would just buy some Zaino and forget about it!!!!!
Yeah, that fixes everything. If I didn't know any better, I'd think that Zaino was made by a cult of something.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Hate to be an ***, but putting on polish by hand really does nothing. You need some friction and pressure from a orbital or DA to break down the polish and "cut" the clear coat.
^This. If you plan to actually polish and wax a car, you need machine products. If you just wanna put it on hand, then get whatever.. it isn't going to really do anything

Quick Reply: Showroom FX......what a crap website......