Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Polishing starter's kit checklist

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Polishing starter's kit checklist

Looking to start doing some polishing under the hood. What all do I need to start out. I have a grinder that I can put wheels on and a dremel.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Polishing starter's kit checklist

I went with the Craftsman 6" bench buffer for a couple of reasons, you can get the 6" buffer in store but the 8" needs to be ordered. The 6" goes for $100 and the 8" sells for $150 plus you'll have about $35/40 in shipping, I thought for my use the 6" would work fine and the money saved would pay for most if not all the supplies needed.

Supplies I ordered from Eastwood are, canton flannel, spiral sewn and sisal buffing wheels and a couple of felt cones. For compounds I ordered, stainless, tripoli, white rouge and if you're going to polish plastic you'll want plastic compound.

I only ordered one each of the buffing wheels but if I had to do it over again I'd order two of each, I also got the buff rake to clean the wheels.

Here's the link to Todds polishing web site, http://groups.msn.com/Camaro2001SS/polishinghowto.msnw .

Al
Old 02-16-2003, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Polishing starter's kit checklist

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DARK AGE 53:
<strong> I went with the Craftsman 6" bench buffer for a couple of reasons, you can get the 6" buffer in store but the 8" needs to be ordered. The 6" goes for $100 and the 8" sells for $150 plus you'll have about $35/40 in shipping, I thought for my use the 6" would work fine and the money saved would pay for most if not all the supplies needed.

Supplies I ordered from Eastwood are, canton flannel, spiral sewn and sisal buffing wheels and a couple of felt cones. For compounds I ordered, stainless, tripoli, white rouge and if you're going to polish plastic you'll want plastic compound.

I only ordered one each of the buffing wheels but if I had to do it over again I'd order two of each, I also got the buff rake to clean the wheels.

Here's the link to Todds polishing web site, http://groups.msn.com/Camaro2001SS/polishinghowto.msnw .

Al </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What is that Todd's e-mail address? I want to know where he got those carbon fiber interior pieces. Thanks

Quick Reply: Polishing starter's kit checklist