Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Swirl Marks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swirl Marks?

I have a question about swirl marks. I don't know much about paint. I was wondering if a car has some swirl marks in the paint if there is a way of getting rid of them? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, There are certain waxes out on the market that deal with minor scratches and swirl marks. Go to you local store where car waxes are being sold and try them. I use Zaino, swirl mark remover and it works great!
Old 02-16-2004, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

No offense but do some research. By far best place to ask would be at www.autopia.org or rather goto the help section before you post because its a very blunt question. Secondly if you want a 10 minutes fix go with a wax. Most waxes do not fix swirl marks, rather just fill them in so that the edge of the swirl mark is not longer visible when light hits it at an angle. There are several ways of removing swirls from the light hand methods to the rotary. Check out the site i showed you you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:58 PM
10 Second Club

If you want to actualy remove the swirls you will need an abrasive. I find that 3M swirl remover works the best but, for 100% results I find that you have to use a buffer. Still it still works pretty good by hand. If you follow up with some Zaino Z-5 it will fill in any remaining swirls and they won't come back for a couple of months. Once you have a swirl free finish only use 100% cotton American made towels or Microfiber towels when you wash your car.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I use Zaino, swirl mark remover and it works great!
Zaino doesn't make a swirl remover, they make a filler - Z5

3M, Meguiars, and Menzerna all make great swirl removers - I've had the best luck with Menzerna as they use a filler-free water-based formula.

To remove swirls one of the best things to do is read, and I'd recommend this link as a starting - http://www.properautocare.com/usporcabpol.html

-Tom

Quick Reply: Swirl Marks?