Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Underhood detail trick.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Underhood detail trick.

I never really paid too much attention to underhood details, however I do keep things relatively clean and wash it once a year.

Here's a little trick that you might want to try and it is very ironic that it works.

My powersteering had a leak and it sprayed power steering fluid all under my engine bay. I went to wipe it and I noticed. It actually looked really good. Had a nice gloss to it like using expensive sprays. I could be wrong but I don't think it would harm anything as it is designed to preserve metal/rubber/plastics.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pHEnomIC
I never really paid too much attention to underhood details, however I do keep things relatively clean and wash it once a year.
Here's a little trick that you might want to try and it is very ironic that it works.
My powersteering had a leak and it sprayed power steering fluid all under my engine bay. I went to wipe it and I noticed. It actually looked really good. Had a nice gloss to it like using expensive sprays. I could be wrong but I don't think it would harm anything as it is designed to preserve metal/rubber/plastics.
I would think that power steering fluid would be a magnet for dust and dirt................
Old 03-19-2011, 05:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ 100 percent correct. pretty much the equivalent of rubbing wd40 on a shitty paint job to sell the car. lol
Old 03-19-2011, 06:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once a year!? Yeah, my powersteering somehow got all over the case and it got pretty dirty, it is some shinny **** though your right about that! haha
Old 03-19-2011, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Back in my car show days, after scrubbing underhood with degreaser and polishing, we would lightly coat everything with WD40 or similar light oil/lube at the car shows, it would keep everything shiny all weekend long. And easily washes off with the next degreasing. IF the car isn't daily driven, and is kept clean and detailed, then the WD40 won't attract any dirt that you don't drive on and not wipe off frequently.

Quick Reply: Underhood detail trick.