Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

moisture in turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moisture in turn signal

i got mositure and water vapors in my front left turnsignal and i keep blowing bulbs...is there any way to reseal the housing or anything so water doesnt get in them anymore..they arent cracked or anything
Old 02-19-2003, 05:13 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Default Re: moisture in turn signal

If your car is still under warranty, then that is covered.

--VIP1
Old 02-19-2003, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Clear or stock lenses, some guys have drilled a small weep hole in the bottom of the lense to allow water to escape.

Al
Old 02-19-2003, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the clear lenses on my camaro. I have the same problem, My lenses fill up with like 1/8th of an inch of water!! Is there any other way to seal those lenses up instead of drilling a hole in the bottom of them?
Old 02-19-2003, 11:31 PM
Launching!

ive had several sets of clear lens over the years (euro and normal clear). i notice in some cases that the daytime running lights since they stay on bright mode during the day would actully melt the plastic at the top right around where it would screw in. allowing moisture to come in.the car i have now is not driven daily or for long periods on end so i dont have the problem anymore.but u could get L.E.D.s ( www.jamstrait.com they dont put off a fraction of the heat,in the frount sigs,but they are not very bright since they face down and u also need a relay or they wont flash. but i highly recommend them in every other light, well worth the paper. or u could just disable the DRLs . if heat is not the problem then its the seal. u could just use a little clear silcone around where they mold together. hope this helps. www.speedoptions.com/profiles/driverview.php?id=36258
Old 02-20-2003, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

To tell you the truth guys I think I'd just get some new lenses from www.pacificie.com , I've never heard of anyone having a problem with them. Do check to make sure that you have the foam gaskets on both the corner and turn signal sockets.

Quick Reply: moisture in turn signal