Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Silver on Pewter??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver on Pewter??

I have a 99 pewter T/A that currently has adamantium TT2's, black blackbird hood stripes, flat black CETA mod and black door overlays. In the near future i am going to get the car repainted. Keeping the car the same color will save a bunch of money, i assume. I originally wanted to go with a little bit darker pewter color (Eleanor's color or close to it) and change my stripes and CETA and doors from black to the stock pewter color. Since that will cost more than the car is worth to do then i wonder what it would look like the exact opposite? Anyone seen or have a picture of a pewter T/A with gunmetal or a Little darker grey stripes? Also open to pictures or other ideas of options for a pewter base colored car.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

BMW Space Gray (about the same but with less gold)
BMW Sterling Gray Metallic (darker/sharper metallic highlights)
Honda Galaxy Gray Metallic (darker with a little more gold tone)
VW United Gray (darker/flatter highlights)

Those are some of the colors I was able to find that are similar enough to pewter that it may be possible to not do the jambs as well. The darker you go, the more obvious the jamb difference. I think Galaxy Gray or Space Gray would be the closest ones.

What you can do is find a chunk of an exterior piece from a Pewter car in a junkyard and go to car dealerships and find some of the metallic grays that go with it.

That is... if you want to do a color change after all...

I myself was considering gunmetal wheels for a little bit. I think I'd go with Pewter wheels instead of Gunmetal...

Last edited by ZexGX; 03-30-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was also thinking keep the carotid original color and do a lighter silver that has the same flake in it to do the stripes with. Kind of like the Mercedes AMG's look sweet with silver on silver.... What you all think? Lighter silver accents? Almost like it's ghosted

Quick Reply: Silver on Pewter??