Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

headlight grinding question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default headlight grinding question

my 01 trans am headlight is grinding like one in videos. say to replaced plastic gear or spin it. it was ent that bad missing 2 teeth little on top was in bootom of motor. flipped gear and pluged it in to test. when it reaches full up it stops. but then it hit down and other side stops it keep going have the arm off now so it not grinding. my qiestion is does the motor get a signal from whare ever to stop. if it was gear whould it stop anyway now that i flip it. ro does it need feel resistance to make it stop. or is it a motor prob. i am going to buy a new motor assembly just in case. and see. some bolt were missing on my headlight cover and light bessel. prob be changed onece already by prev owner. do you guys thin i sould buy new motor or rebuilt? thanks for help.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

yes it detects amperage ...... read the sticky
Old 04-07-2011, 08:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so it detects apmperage to stop. im in canada i will order meatal gear next time i found the dorman plastic gear for 10. i thought it in and see. the drives side motor will not stop. when i put it in it will learn up and down position. it knows where up is. it just keeps going when it down. will it strip my new gear right away when i put in. thans for help you thread realy cool.