Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Engine bay goodies & cleanup

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Engine bay goodies & cleanup

It all started with a broken PCV line, decided to convert it to the new LS6 PCV system by replacing the valley cover so the manifold had to come off.... but I couldn't just put the stock LS1 manifold back on so I replaced it. Also picked up a Holley throttle body. I know most aren't a fan of the manifold I chose, but I don't care lol. Its mine, my money & my call so I went with what I thought was best for my situation & budget. Got a set of fuel rails & braided line from Nasty Performance, Beautiful product by the way.

Then it was time to do the valve covers, I got a set of Katech ones with the coil relocation to the top & did a little paint work & smoothing on them. My bay was also still white from before I painted the car so that got resprayed along with hiding the ground wires on the fender wells, & radiator support & I also got rid of all the extra holes that were no longer being used & some of the seams on the fender wells were cleaned up when I relocated the traction control unit.

Finally got around to finishing (almost) my front breather setup & have a Bukhard tubular front bumper on the way. In some shots you can see I have started mocking up my new power steering system, still needs some (a lot) of work but it will completely replace the stock pump & tank (I will be doing something about the red lid).

Still needs some attention but I think its getting there.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Definetly coming along nicely.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

Too bad you can't see the valve covers better.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MeenZ28
+1

You should look into some of the coil relocation brackets but it looks great! Very nice!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you definitely have some 1off **** man.. I like it but honestly, the satin paint is what I like most. I would love that look on my 99ws6..
Old 04-11-2011, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks everybody!

Originally Posted by MeenZ28
Yea, thats what I thought too, Looking back I spent too much time smoothing the casting marks & painting etc. lol
Old 04-11-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks great

i bet the valve covers would be more visible if you do some wire hiding down the road

leaving the intake 'as cast'?
Old 04-12-2011, 04:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irish350
looks great

i bet the valve covers would be more visible if you do some wire hiding down the road

leaving the intake 'as cast'?
I tried to hide the wiring as much as I could, looks a lot better than it did but I was hoping to be able to hide it a little better as well. On the manifold I think I'm going to keep the cast look, I always liked that look on my old performer RPM on my old truck lol.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:53 PM

From the pics it looks like where the air intake and MAF sensor meet there's a half inch gap it probably could use a good connector but from the pics it looks like this is a work in progress project so I'm sure you are already aware lol, But it looks great soo far and if you decide to manufacture a bolt on air intake setup like this one for sale I would deffinitley be interested!!! P.s. my last name is McQuilliams go Irish!!! Ha ha
Old 04-12-2011, 04:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just missing a coupler, looks like it just got powdercoated anyways.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SilverSaint21
From the pics it looks like where the air intake and MAF sensor meet there's a half inch gap it probably could use a good connector but from the pics it looks like this is a work in progress project so I'm sure you are already aware lol, But it looks great soo far and if you decide to manufacture a bolt on air intake setup like this one for sale I would deffinitley be interested!!! P.s. my last name is McQuilliams go Irish!!! Ha ha
Yes, still needs the coupler, it was just a mock up anyway to make sure everything still fit after paint lol. Still waiting on some stuff in the mail & also have some other things I've been working on too so progress is a little slow at times.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by McNord
Yes, still needs the coupler, it was just a mock up anyway to make sure everything still fit after paint lol. Still waiting on some stuff in the mail & also have some other things I've been working on too so progress is a little slow at times.
Yes I know all about the slow progress and waiting for parts to come via mail lol but my project is coming along very nicely scince I bought it bone stock 3 months ago I just wish I could get everything faster but some good things take time and thats what I got plenty of TIME! lol but your project looks sweet as hell I am also planing on going flat black so our styles must be very similar!
Attached Thumbnails New Engine bay goodies & cleanup-photo-201-1-6-.jpg   New Engine bay goodies & cleanup-photo-202-1-4-.jpg   New Engine bay goodies & cleanup-photo-202-1-3-.jpg   New Engine bay goodies & cleanup-photo-204-1-.jpg   New Engine bay goodies & cleanup-photo-203-1-2-.jpg  

Old 04-12-2011, 09:18 PM

Ha ha my beast is still so fresh that she hasn't even got the new licence plates yet!!! MANY UPGRADES TO COME LOOK OUT EVERONE AN ORIGINAL CAMARO IS BEING BORN ; )
Old 04-13-2011, 03:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

looks great McNord! love the intake setup, nice and custom i thought you were boosting at first look
Old 04-13-2011, 04:59 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks amazing Brian!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got my bumper the other day & had a chance to do a little more sheet metal work around the front.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Almost there, got it running a few days ago but ran into a little issue with the fuel system but I think I got it all taken care of now.

Also decided to go ahead & cut up my bumper. For some reason the green on the bumper was really brought out by the flash, its not nearly that bright. I spent a lot of time on the grille getting it the way I wanted, was trying to make it look similar to the sunoco car. I was able to shove it back about 1.5" & wanted to go a little more but wouldn't be able to without getting into re fiber glassing & repainting. At this point I want to get it all back together & I may revisit it but I'm happy with it for now. I also have a new badge on order that should tie it all together nicely.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:39 AM
TECH Regular

Looks nice McNord. If you ever need some extra hands Im there! lol
Old 05-09-2011, 05:34 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That looks really good. Nice job.

Quick Reply: New Engine bay goodies & cleanup