Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Opinions on waxing

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Opinions on waxing

Hey guys I am looking to get your opinions on this. First off my car is always garaged and I only drive it on sunny days when the roads are completely dry. I picked up a duster last year and I always start the season off by putting a strong coat of wax on the car then maintaining it with body gloss shine spray after dusting the car off. I use to wax the car once a month but I eventually decided that was too much. My question is how many times should I hand wax it? I was thinking since I last waxed in March I could do June, then September? Is three times a season enough or am I being lazy?

Thoughts and comments welcome.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well first off don't use a duster. All your doing is marring the paint, and creating a bunch of little swirls/scratches. If you want to clean your car, don't dust it or use quick detailer, just wash it.

As far as waxing goes, it really depends on how long the specific product you use lasts on the paint.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
Well first off don't use a duster. All your doing is marring the paint, and creating a bunch of little swirls/scratches. If you want to clean your car, don't dust it or use quick detailer, just wash it.

As far as waxing goes, it really depends on how long the specific product you use lasts on the paint.
I really like the body gloss. It looks like it was just waxed. I also do not use the duster to take off sand or dirt. Just pollen and light dust. Nothing heavy at all but I have seen mixed reviews on dusters. I havent noticed any scratches or swirls since using it.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would use the Quick Detail but with a good microfiber towel. And some can actually leave behind the fine scratches/swirls. Best way to see if the towels your using will leave all that behind is take them and rub them on a blank cd and see if there's any type scratching. If so, then you'll know there not the ones for your car. I wax mine every other month and use the quick detail in between the times I wax. Mine doesn't sit in a garage like yours cause mines a DD for now but with how I clean mine up and what not, I've yet to have any problems with it.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
I would use the Quick Detail but with a good microfiber towel. And some can actually leave behind the fine scratches/swirls. Best way to see if the towels your using will leave all that behind is take them and rub them on a blank cd and see if there's any type scratching. If so, then you'll know there not the ones for your car. I wax mine every other month and use the quick detail in between the times I wax. Mine doesn't sit in a garage like yours cause mines a DD for now but with how I clean mine up and what not, I've yet to have any problems with it.
Yeah I use a good towel. My car had swirls and a few scratches on it when I bought it but hey its over ten years old.

Thanks for the responses