Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help with new gauges

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with new gauges

I just bought a set of white faced gauges for my 99 WS6 and I am getting ready to install them. Does anyone know if they will show the mileage that is on the car on or the mileage on those gauges. I'm pretty shure it would be the actual car mileage because I think the computer will send the mileage to the new odometer, but any help would be appreciated. I also would like to know the best way to pull the old gauges out and put the new ones in. Thanks, Matt
Old 02-24-2004, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

are you changing the entire guage cluter or just the gauge face. Most white faced gauges are either overlays that stick on your exisitng gauges or are like NR style gauges where you would peel off existing face and replace???
Your mileage should not be effected if you are just installing the gauge face.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Teri9672
are you changing the entire guage cluter or just the gauge face. Most white faced gauges are either overlays that stick on your exisitng gauges or are like NR style gauges where you would peel off existing face and replace???
Your mileage should not be effected if you are just installing the gauge face.
I am installing the whole gauge cluster. Will this affect the mileage?
Old 02-24-2004, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

Yeap, as far as I know whatever is on the cluster you bought will be your new mileage. Have to admit though I have never heard of any white face gauges being packaged with the entire cluster. Im guessing you bought this from a friend or arent quite sure what is meant by guage cluster?
Old 02-24-2004, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

yes i do know what a gauge cluster is. They were bought from a friend and he replaced the gauge overlay on them. I was told by other people that the computer determines the mileage, but I wanted to make shure before I install them.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

both the bcm and the cluster has the milage.

you can put the new cluster in,and the bcm will keep the right milage. But the cluster will display the milage from the old car

just install the gauges over your stock one thats what i woudl do, unless milage is similar

Ryan
Old 02-25-2004, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

when we replaced the entire gauge cluster in our Yukon we had to send it out to be calibrated and have the mileage adjusted to what the original gauges read. (we installed gauges from the SS truck)